Spring (3/20) start in order to finish for Easter!

BAKrafty1

Feeling good again. This final week is SO WORTH all the early cravings/naggings/yuck.  

I am glad to have the relief coming soon.  But also, the wisdom to carry what I've learned about my habits into making better food choices in the moments that I almost faltered on this journey.  Healthy fats have become my friend in those times I really wanted a sugared grain relief (dessert/baked goods).

How'd the Happy Hour go, Sparkle?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooray for feeling good! I think you are right that the groovy (literally in the groove, though I am definitely a leftover hippie!) felling that we have is well worth the difficulty of the first few weeks. I'm still pinching myself that the booze thing has not been hard at all. I can socialize without drinking alcohol! I can have a romantic dinner with my hubbie without alcohol! I can go weeks without alcohol! I was a little unnerved earlier this year when I realized that my 2 glasses of wine pretty much every day put me in the top % of women drinkers in the U. S. Not a club I especially wanted to belong to. But I couldn't stop. I had pretty much eaten vegan for a year and felt good in some ways but not as good as I feel now. And if there is a vegan equivalent to W30, I have not found it. I love the simplicity of the W30 and the straightforward, "you can do anything for 30 days - no excuses!" logic. Again, I experienced nothing like it in veganland. 

Yesterday's happy hour was great. Lots of seltzer and great German sausage. And many of my colleagues don't drink so it was easy peasy!

Four days and counting.  :lol:

Can it really be 3 days???

I am giving serious thought to what is next. Amazingly, my first thought is not about what can I eat on Saturday! I'm looking forward to eating pretty much the same way. :) I'll be at a birthday party and there will be cake but unless it's homemade and out of this world, not sure I'm interested. And the same with wine. Why bother? Again, unless it's truly something special, why withdraw something from the bank, as Melissa Joulwan so wisely put it. I'm really getting into more of a cooking groove and I love it. I'm still working on breakfast but am comfy eating salad and protein if that is what I have. 

I saw a pic of myself at the happy hour and loved it! I feel like the puffy and muffin-y me that started this almost 30 days ago is gone. I'm no spring chicken but my gray hair actually looked shiny. 

Okay - we'll see what this looks like on Saturday. Do we meet over in the reintro section? I'd love to hear about how you all continue with this. 

Cheers. 

S57

Yes! Let's meet at the reintro section. We can just continue on from there.

I can't believe that we're almost done. And I can't believe that I don't have a list of "bad" foods that I want to stuff my face into! Besides a special cupcake on Easter, I'm not worried about it. Amazing! I can't believe my relationship with food has improved so much in 30 days.

Secretly, I can't wait to weigh myself. I am just curious since I feel so much better and my pants fit comfortably again. I'm also starting another round of fertility treatments in the next few weeks and am curious to see if my hormone levels are different thanks to a clean diet. We shall see!

Have a great day, all!

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Can't believe it's done tomorrow! 

If you plan to weigh and/or measure yourself, will you do it on day 30 or day 31? Just wondering.

I think I have decided to go right into another W30. I know it's Easter and my granddaughter's first birthday party is this weekend but I'm feeling like I can continue. I still am not feeling hardwired yet even though everything is MUCH easier now. We'll see.

Did I say YAHOOOOOOO????  :D

Had a so-so tempo run this morning. Went out like gangbusters and fizzled seriously at the end. Could be because I have gone out too fast both yesterday and today. I did 5 miles and had an okay post WO meal, though I really combined that with breakfast. Big mistake, I think, because I have been snacking all morning! I'm doing a good fry up for lunch so hope that quells the hunger.

Day 29, whodda thought???

Anyone know if we get to weigh and measure ourselves tomorrow? Or do we wait yet till Saturday?  I'm surprised by what we've received via the final days email.  Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm not finding what I thought we'd be reading in preparation for re-entry.  Am I the only one? 

I haven't posted in a while, but have been still going with my W30.  I can't believe day 30 is tomorrow!  I think I will allow myself a few off plan foods since we will not be home over Easter, but once we are back home I plan to be right back on the plan.  I can tell I have lost a bit of weight, however I do feel bloated today because of my monthly time going on right now.  I have found that surprisingly I am not craving chocolate like I normally would be right now, so that is a win for me!  

I plan to weigh myself on Saturday before indulging a bit over the rest of the weekend!  Then Tuesday it is back to the W30 foods!

Hey MusicMom! Great to see you posting. Sounds like all is going well. I'm with ya. Indulge a little on Easter and get back to it.

Sparkle, I'm planning to weigh myself on Day 31 ... You know, in case I lose a few more oz on Day 30. Ha. So for me I'll be weighing in Easter morning. As for your run, it sounds like you may have been working pretty hard with your run. I'm sure your fizzled run had everything to do with that.

BAKrafty, I've been thinking the same thing. I was really expecting a lot more "keep it up! you can do it and here's how!" info out of the emails. To be honest, I haven't gotten anything of value out of them in several days. 

I skipped the long run this morning. The airport run to get my mum went until nearly midnight so I didn't have enough sleep ... and it was too cold! Will try again for Tuesday. Tomorrow morning I'll hit the pavement before I go shopping for some new pants that FIT and some tank tops to show off my sculpted guns. (ha ha). 

Oh, and my mom is really excited about W30. My "elevator pitch" must be working! She's reading ISWF now. I told her I'd help her go grocery shopping in a few weeks when I come visit to get her started. 

HAPPY DAY 30 to you gals tomorrow! I'll be rounding the corner on Day 29!

Hey everyone. Day 29/30!!!!

Today's email was much more informative. I know now that tomorrow is weigh and measure day. So I will wait. And decide. The measurements will interest me. My belly had gotten round. When I look in the mirror I don't think I'm imagining that the baby love handles have shrunk. :)

Love the shopping plans, ACat. And how cool about your mom. I know this was tough in the first days but we can all tell your mom (she should get on the forum!) that it gets easier and it will change the way you feel. What are you training for, btw! I have a half marathon coming up in May. It has been freezing, literally, these past few days. I want spring back!

BAKrafty, I totally agree that I wanted more! And ISWF was not all that much clearer. But today's email does provide better guidance so I'm glad for that.

And so good to see you MusicMom! I like your plan. I like that the email today talks about how and whether to continue. I think I will take the continue until something really, really sings to you approach. That's the approach I see with the gals at NomNom and Clothes Make the Girl. Works for me.

Happy Day 29/30! :-D

Day 31!

I decided to weigh and take the measurements I had taken before I started. I am so pleased!

Pounds lost = 6

Waist - down more than 2 inches

Hips - down more than an inch

I was not looking for dramatic weight loss because my BMI was already normal. But I was hoping my jeans would fit better and that i would feel better about my body. Well, my jeans fit and I feel great!

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. See you in the post W30 boards, I have decided to continue for at least another 15 days but more likely it will be 60 or even 90 to really lock these new habits down.

HUZZAAAAHHHH

ACat, I'll be back here tomorrow for your finish!

Cheers,

K

Day 31!

I'm down 2.3.  Considering I was already Clean Eating before the challenge and the fact that I'm pretty sure today is "that" day of the month with all the water weight, I'll take it.  Because it's the measurements that tell the true story. 

Waist down 1.5 inches

Hips down 1 inch

Bust down 2 inches

The other thing for me is that, after losing 40 pounds, it's taken me another year to break through new territory to get to today.  That's what I'll take away from the Whole30...I broke into new territory.  (And, with as little as I lost, it may be time to realize that at age 50, I've reached my "ideal" weight even though it's still 10# more than the BMI "normal"...it may be my healthy "normal".

I don't have medical issues so won't be concerned so heavily on reintroducing foods.  However, I will forever be reading labels (when I actually purchase packaged food) in order to keep my food choices without added sugars!  Whole30 has allowed me to become more aware of that fact and allowed me to reintroduce healthy fats into a diet that for ages stayed away from them out of fear.

I too will check back tomorrow on ACat.  Where do we meet from here?

Congrats, BAKrafty!

LIke you, I'm of "a certain age, " 56. So 6 pounds feels very good. Like you, I feel solid in my new sensitivity to labels, added sugars, the benefits of more veggies and healthy fats, etc.

I would love to keep meeting. How about starting a Spring 2014 log in the Post W30 log section? I'm happy to start it.

Cheers,

S57

Wow! Awesome Sparkle and BAKrafty! Great job! I hope your Days 31 were good. I'll weigh first thing in the morning and then post on here. 

I love the idea of a board in the Post W30 section. I'd love to have somewhere to go and keep myself accountable and motivated.

Is anyone a little sad the 30 days is over? It reminds me of being excited about a vacation, and then it happens and you're sad you don't have anything to look forward to anymore. Odd comparison, but maybe you get my point :-)

Done and done!!! Weighed in this morning and dropped 15 lbs! I was AMAZED. I'm back to my fightin' weight, exactly where I want to be. Most of the weight I lost was my winter binge weight. My carb binges combined with all the fertility drugs I was on earlier this year really put me in a bad place... and my pants didn't fit!

Happy Easter, all! I'll see you over on the Post W30 log!

High fives to us! We did it!!!!

That is fantastic, ACat!!! How wonderful you must feel. There is nothing like putting on your pants without fearing that they won't fit. I hate the feeling and I love that everything feels right.

Everyone, I'm going over to the Post 30 boards and starting "Spring 2014 Post W30." Join me there and let me know how you are doing.

Congrats ACat!!

I knew yesterday's weight was affected by "water weight". This morning, I got on the scale and what I'm going to use for my official results are down 3.4#.  BUT the bigger story is that all of that was fat.  I have an Aria scale that breaks down lean vs fat weight. Since March 20th, I've gained .3# of lean mass and lost 3.7# of fat mass.  I love that my body re-learned how to burn fat!!

See you in the new forum. <3

Archived