reintro mistake?

Babsie95

So this past Monday was day 31 and I started my reintroduction with legumes. I had eggs and an apple with peanut butter for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs cucumbers carrots and hummace for lunch and stir fry chicken with soy sauce and veggies for dinner. I did not notice any issues at all. Yesterday I ate clean till dinner when I ended up with a salad from subway just veggies and double oven roasted chicken breast. I added my own salad dressing which did have sugar as the only non compliant ingredient. Now this morning I have a headache and my salad ran straight thru. I am unsure of the cause as it could be allergies or a stomach bug. But I suspect food. I am not sure how to proceed. This is all complicated by the fact that I dont have any way to cook at the moment as my range is broken. Also I have a date tomorrow to go out for sushi to celebrate 14 years of marriage. (Tomorrow is my non gluten grain day). Sorry this post is long and all over the place. I am just not ready to feel crappy again and if I caused it I want to fix it

If the chicken was the Subway chicken breast patty, looks like you already did non glutens, as that contains corn. https://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/usProdIngredients.pdf

I would recommend eating as compliant as you can today, having your sushi date tomorrow, and then return to 100% Whole30 eating for at least a couple days until you feel better.  At that point, continue your reintroductions.

The recommended reintro schedule is reintro a food group for 1 day (eating the food group in question at all 3 meals), then return to 100% Whole30 eating for 2 days to see if you get a delayed reaction. Then move on to the next food group.

As it's not clear whether you reacted to the corn in the chicken or in the legumes from the day before, to be on the safe side, I would retest both.

How long past eating can you have a reaction?

24-48 hours or more. That's why the recommended reintro schedule has 2 full days of 100% Whole30 eating in between each reintro food group.

Remember, you're not only looking for physical reactions but psychological reactions.

Archived