8 Days to go...panic!!!

ok 8 days left... instead of rejoicing the end of this great accomplishment I feel panicked!  I started this journey to have a better relationship with food, be better to myself and honestly to jump start my weight loss that I have been struggling with the past 2 years. Now I am worried I am going to disappoint myself with the numbers on the scale and spiral back into being defined by them. I am pretty sure these feelings are telling me my journey is not over in 30 days. Concentrating mostly on the food part I have done very little exercise and think that may have slowed my progress. I have been 100% compliant, Clothes are looser yes but without any numbers to gauge I am not sure......so frustrated with myself right now!!!

Welcome to the club. Have you reviewed the timeline? http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/.   This is very normal at this point in your whole30. Try and think about all the benefits you have received from this experience. I hope you are not disappointed and ready to give up if you don't lose weight. Here is another link that might be helpful if you are disappointed with your results. http://whole30.com/2012/10/six-reasons-why-the-whole30-didnt-work-for-you/

I'm no expert, but what Tina says really rings true. I'm on my last day and still very concerned about life outside of the Whole 30 bubble. Weight loss doesn't define you; if you feel healthier and happier; if your food choices are based on your tummy and not your head / heart; if you are sleeping better at night... well then your Whole 30 has been a massive success.

Don't worry about the scale! Focus on the fact that your clothes fit differently, focus on the fact that for 30 days you were able to say "NO" to the sugar dragon, focus on the fact that for 30 days you were able to eat clean and not give in to unhealthy food cravings. That alone is a reason to celebrate!

I'd suggest avoiding the scale for as long as it takes you to feel comfortable with yourself - whether you continue with Whole30 guidelines or not. Enjoy the changing shape of your body and know that the number on that plastic box has nothing to do with how you look and feel.

I am pretty sure these feelings are telling me my journey is not over in 30 days.

Bingo!

30 days is an arbitrary number; I like to think of it as a minimum, as in: you need at least 30 days to recalibrate your hormones/body. 30 days is just not enough time for some people (and I am one of those people).

We can be so hard on ourselves! Give yourself- psychologically and physiologically - more time to get to where you need to be. Maybe consider extending your Whole30 to 45 or even 60 days(?)

{{jhugs}} on the anxiety.

Try to break the tie of Whole 30 to "weight loss". In fact, try to break the tie between diet changes and weight loss at all. Think of it instead as gaining health.

Don't let the number on the scale in 9 days dictate your feelings about yourself.

Archived