MrsVs First Whole30

MrsV

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on finishing! Look forward to reading about your results.

Quick observation: no peas on a Whole30, so if you do revisit a Whole30 at some point, keep those out.

REALLY!?!?  How did I have no idea?!?  I thought sugar snap peas and green beans and peas were ok?? 

wow, aside from the whole "no peas" thing,  we finished a successful (as far as we knew) Whole30! here are my stats ! 

I've had more energy, I have successfully weaned myself from an antidepressant and I feel stronger. I didn't have the amazing results I've seen around the forums, but to be honest, I didn't have a ton of weight to lose. I hoped to get closer to my goal weight, but I can't turn my nose up at a 6.5 lb loss in a month. 

I think I've said it here before, we won't be paleo after this - it's just not sustainable to us. Unless we find that someone in our family reacts poorly to something during reintroduction, we will return to "clean eating." My husband and I agree that this is an excellent "reboot" and we will try to complete 2 Whole30's per year. 

post-42688-0-56574000-1398739895_thumb.p

post-42688-0-02805900-1398739905_thumb.j

REALLY!?!?  How did I have no idea?!?  I thought sugar snap peas and green beans and peas were ok?? 

Peas are a legume, and are specifically called out in the Whole30 program rules as a no no. Sugar snap peas and green beans are fine.

Nice results for you!

Congratulations on completing your Whole 30!!  Having more energy, weaning yourself off antidepressants & feeling stronger are GREAT results.  What a bonus to have lost 6.5 pounds too. :)

I'm currently on Day 8 of my first Whole 30, and completely get what you mean about the WORK involved in cooking & eating this way.  I feel like I'm spending all of my time in the grocery store & kitchen.  LOL  I'm hoping for unbounding energy & "tiger-blood" when I get done, too, but if I can have more energy, feel stronger & have fewer mood swings, I will consider it a success!

Thanks for sharing all of your meals along the way.  I got some great ideas from you!  Will you continue to post about your reactions to foods as you reintroduce them?  I'd love to hear how it goes!!

Congratulations on completing your Whole 30!!  Having more energy, weaning yourself off antidepressants & feeling stronger are GREAT results.  What a bonus to have lost 6.5 pounds too. :)

I'm currently on Day 8 of my first Whole 30, and completely get what you mean about the WORK involved in cooking & eating this way.  I feel like I'm spending all of my time in the grocery store & kitchen.  LOL  I'm hoping for unbounding energy & "tiger-blood" when I get done, too, but if I can have more energy, feel stronger & have fewer mood swings, I will consider it a success!

Thanks for sharing all of your meals along the way.  I got some great ideas from you!  Will you continue to post about your reactions to foods as you reintroduce them?  I'd love to hear how it goes!!

I found that the prep week I did was CRITICAL in helping me stay out of the kitchen!

I don't think we'll be doing a standard introduction. I did it more as a reset and less to find out about food sensitivities.  Although I am paying attention when I add things in and going to attempt not to eat it all at once (aka pizza ;-). 

We had bagels for breakfast today and so far, except being hungry much faster (which we expected) everyone's tummy is good!

Peas are a legume, and are specifically called out in the Whole30 program rules as a no no. Sugar snap peas and green beans are fine.

Nice results for you!

Huh. I missed that somehow. But we only had them 2-3 times and it was all in the last week.  Next Whole30 we know! Thank you!

Archived