MrsVs First Whole30

MrsV

Day 15:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of power greens, 2 homemade sausage patties

PreWO: handful of almonds

Lunch: Sweet potato & bacon hash. 

Dinner: Smoked brisket, curried cauliflower, sautéed asparagus, baked sweet potato.

Workout: Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer day 48 - Back/rear delts

Total Time: 58 min

Total Calories Burned: 211 calories

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good thing you left your Garmin home the other day. :) I know you really don't want to let go of the calorie counting but I swear that it's worth it. Its really one of the most mind-blowing benefits of the w30.

It's a good thing you left your Garmin home the other day. :) I know you really don't want to let go of the calorie counting but I swear that it's worth it. Its really one of the most mind-blowing benefits of the w30.

Oh, I'm DEFINITELY not counting calories! I just keep track of the  calories I burn. I haven't tracked calories eaten since the day we started!  It's been very freeing!

Day 16:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of power greens, 1/4 avocado, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: 2 HB egg whites, some greens (not much), some plantain chips, a baby cucumber and a few olives. Was NOT feeling lunch today :( 

Dinner: Smoked brisket on power greens, broccoli, olives, carrots. Tessamae's balsamic. 

Workout: Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer day 50 - arms, abs, cardio

Total Time: 72 min

Total Calories Burned: 465 calories

So emotional today. SO OVERLY EMOTIONAL!  I cried because I didn't know what to serve for dinner....   

Just ready to be done already.

Day 17:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of power greens, 1/2 avocado, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: 1 HB egg, carrot & cucumber sticks, some "best chicken you'll ever eat," and a few slices of orange. 

Dinner: Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps with avocado, tomato & celery. Green beans. Sweet potato fries.

Workout: Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer day 51 - legs

Total Time: 60 min

Total Calories Burned: 284 calories

We went to a local children's museum today. They have a VERY nice restaurant attached, which I have always considered fairly healthy. I KNEW going in that we wouldn't be able to eat there, though. They are sandwiches/salads/soups.  The sandwich I usually get is a GF bread, roast beef, horseradish mayo and red onions/spinach.  I can't trust the roast beef, obviously could't eat the bread or mayo...   They have a "no outside food" policy but I just couldn't think of any one thing we could have eaten there. So I packed lunch, ready to defend my choice if someone asked. Thankfully, no one did, but it really opened my eyes to all the "healthy" things we used to think were great options that during this Whole30 just aren't possible. 

Day 18:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 homemade sausage patties, mushrooms, poblano pepepr scramble - 2 cups of power greens, 1/2 avocado, coffee with coconut milk  <-- My breakfast scramble was THE MOST disgusting thing I've ever tasted. And I found a ladybug wing on my lettuce (are they whole30?!?!) so I got super grossed out. Wound up eating 2 HB egg whites and a banana... I know, not enough, but I was over it!

Lunch: "Best chicken you'll ever eat" - about 2/3 of a breast, green beans, 1/2 plate covered in roasted broccoli, small handful of olives

Dinner: Eggplant sausage strata (BIG fail with everyone but me!), spaghetti squash, sauteed zucchini. 

Workout: Jaime Eason's LiveFit Trainer day 52 - chest/abs/cardio 

Total Time: 78 min

Total Calories Burned: 429 calories

WHERE IS MY TIGER BLOOD?!

Day 19:

Breakfast: 3 eggs,  2 cups of power greens, banana, coffee with coconut milk 

Lunch: Two hard boiled eggs made into "deviled eggs" by mixing the yolks with a whole grain mustard.  a few bites of brisket. 

Snack:  Almonds and dried pineapple.

Dinner: Well Fed carnitas, sage roasted acorn squash, roasted asparagus.

Workout: Forced rest day (sick kiddo at home)

Total Time: 0

Total Calories Burned: 0

Totally failed today as far as eating. Lunch just didn't sound good. I nibbled. A big no no, I know.  Hopefully back on track tomorrow :(

Day 20:

Breakfast: 3 "green eggs and ham" muffins (prosciutto, spinach and eggs)

Lunch: Grass-fed hamburger with avocado, onion, tomato and a side of mixed greens.  (RESTAURANT! Yay!) 

PWO:  Almonds & HB egg white.

Dinner: Plantain nachos from Well Fed, sage roasted acorn squash. 

Workout: Jaime Eason Day 53 - Shoulders; then an 18.25 mile bike ride with my husband and son!

Total Time: 138 minutes

Total Calories Burned: 645 cals

Good Friday at church was maybe the biggest challenge yet!!  They did communion with 'real' bread (big fresh loaves of heavenly smelling wheat bread!!) and they had an "after party" with so many different desserts it was nuts.   My husband and I didn't take communion because we both knew it would have been more about the bread than the meaning.  We got the kids out with only a chunk of pineapple each (the FRUIT tray even had sugary dip!!), promising them that it was JUST as hard for mommy and daddy to walk away from the table as it was for them!! 

My kids are rock stars. <3 

Day 21:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, a few slices of starfruit. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: sausage/eggplant strata, spaghetti squash, apple with almond butter.

Dinner: Grilled pork steak, veggie kebabs. 

Workout: Jaime Eason Day 54 - Legs; Jaime Eason Day 55 - Back

Total Time: 68 min

Total Calories Burned: 303 cals

I'm just ready to be done. 
That's all. 

Hang in there! You're so close to finishing: remind yourself of the reasons you chose to take this on, and see it through to completion.

Thank you. I will, I am not a quitter. I'm not feeling "tiger blood" yet. Totally expected it by now! 

Day 22, Easter:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with green pepper & onion, 2 strips of bacon, sweet potato hash. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Applegate hot dogs, apple with almond butter, avocado and sugar snap peas.

Dinner: Steak, ginger-lime shrimp, whipped sweet potatoes, curried cauliflower. For "dessert" I made coconut milk whipped with cocoa powder and strawberries.  FAR cry from what Easter used to be in this house!

Workout: Rest 

Glad to hear you're not giving up!

Focus on whatever benefits you may be experiencing. Not everyone gets Tiger Blood. Best things you can do for your energy are to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep nightly, have carb-dense vegetables daily, continue to eat per the recommended template, and drink half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily.

HA! The mandolin is a threat to my health as well. I lose a piece of me every time an onion is chopped though. I swear I'm not built for the kitchen. I so so so love all of the wonderful compost I'm making as well. It feels so good when that bloat is gone. I "felt" slim yesterday too. It's such a refreshing feeling. Happy Monday.

Today, Robin Strathdee (one of the other moderators and Whole9's Director of Communications), issued this article with an updated definition of Tiger Blood. I'm thinking you will find this interesting: http://www.whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/

I just read it! It's absolutely comforting to know that we're "normal"!  Waking up has been easier, but I most certainly am not BOUNDING out of bed.  We were fairly healthy (pretty clean eaters, I homemake most things and we ate sprouted grain breads - just alcohol, dairy and whole grains really) so I also wonder if we weren't already "there" when we switched from traditional SAD diet. 

Day 23:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with homemade breakfast sausage, 2 cups super greens, 1/3 avocado. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Super greens, chicken breast, handful of green olives, 1/2 sweet potato with cinnamon, 8 strawberries. 

Dinner: Meatballs with homemade marinara, spaghetti squash and peas. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk after dinner

Workout: Sick kiddo :( 

Day 24:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, whipped sweet potatoes with cinnamon. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Chicken breast, sliced carrots, zucchini & yellow squash & onions from kabobs, Cara cara orange. 

Dinner: Balsamic chicken thighs, homemade marinara, spaghetti squash and green beans. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk after dinner

Workout: Jaime Eason LiveFit training day 57 - Quads & Calves

Total Time: 1 hr 20 min

Total Calories Burned: 568 cals

Felt good today. A great workout certainly helped it along! I'm counting the days until we're done now! We're going camping this weekend and it will certainly be a challenge to camp without s'mores, sandwiches and alcohol, but we're working on it!

Day 25:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, pineapple, some green pepper. Coffee with coconut milk. <-- I have a head cold and everything tasted weird this am. 

PWO: Small chicken breast

Lunch: One whole HB egg, one HB egg white, 1/2 avocado in 3 lettuce wraps. Banana. 

Dinner: BBQ rubbed pork tenderloin, 1/2 sweet potato with cinnamon, roasted broccoli. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk in the afternoon.

Workout: Jaime Eason LiveFit training day 58 - Arms/Back/Abs and Sprints

Total Time: 1 hr 41 min

Total Calories Burned: 675 cals

Workout today really made me feel strong. I don't know if I'm inching towards tiger blood or what, but it was just a good workout. I surprised myself with how hard I was able to push myself.  

Day 26:

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 chicken apple sausage, banana. Coconut milk in coffee.

Lunch: Chicken breast, handful of olives, super greens, red grapes. 

Dinner: Jerk spiced salmon, peas, a hash mixture of sweet potatoes, pineapple and bacon. 

Workout: Rest

Total Time: 

Total Calories Burned: 

Good day. Counting the days to be done (4). 

We went camping, so I have a few days to catch up on! 

:D  

Day 27:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, power greens, banana, coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Lettuce leaves with canned tuna. Green olives. 

Dinner: Camping!   Chicken brats, hot dogs, lots and lots of cut celery/carrots. Roasted bananas on the campfire!

Coffee with coconut milk in the afternoon.

Workout: Jaime Eason day 59 - Chest/shoulders/sprints

Total Time: 1 hr 33 min

Total Calories Burned: 699 cals.

Day 28:

Breakfast: Camping cereal! (a teeny bit of pecans, slivered almonds, cashews, dried cherries, some raisins and some coconut shreds) with a little almond milk.  Eggs with bacon in a pie iron! Yum!

Lunch: Hard boiled eggs, carrots & celery. Watermelon.

PM Snack (after running a 5K): pistachios, strawberries, almonds. 

Dinner: Camping!  Sweet potatoes roasted on the fire, hamburgers with bacon, sliced tomatoes, mini sweet peppers roasted on the campfire!

Workout: Ran a 5K

Total Time: 31 min

Total Calories Burned: 352 cals

Day 29:

Breakfast: Camping cereal! (a teeny bit of pecans, slivered almonds, cashews, dried cherries, some raisins and some coconut shreds) with a little almond milk.  Eggs with bacon in a pie iron! Yum!

Lunch: Turkey burger, watermelon. (oops, I did bad with veggies!!!)  

Dinner: Steak, half a sweet potato, salad with super greens/cherry tomatoes/cucumbers), Tessamae's dressing. Fresh artichokes with ghee and garlic!

Workout: None.

Total Time: 

Total Calories Burned: 

ONE.DAY.LEFT!!

This time tomorrow, I will get to have my glass of wine!!!! 

This has been a terribly long few weeks. It's amazing to know that I (WE!) have the willpower to do this for a whole 30 days.  It's remarkable that my kids have followed it almost to the letter! And we WILL be revisiting the Whole30 (Hubby and I have talked about doing it 2x per year) but it's definitely not a sustainable lifestyle for us in an ongoing fashion.

I did it!! I did it!!! 30 days!!! DONE!

Day 30:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, super greens, banana

Lunch: Chicken breast, 2/3 avocado, super greens, grape tomatoes, 1/2 cup of watermelon. Bulletproof coffee.

Dinner: Buffalo ranch stuffed peppers, jicama home fries, peas.

Workout: Jaime Eason LiveFit Training, day 60

Total Time:  54

Total Calories Burned: 300 cals 

Archived