How many eggs are "too many"?

bekahellen

The only time I eat eggs is 2 for breakfast, but since they are so cheap and easy to prepare I'm thinking about having them for lunch or dinner occasionally as well. Is there harm in eating more than 2-3 eggs a day? I'm just worried about the cholesterol- two eggs equals the daily recommended value of cholesterol.

It's a good idea to vary your protein sources, but 4-6 eggs per day is not too many. Keep in mind that dietary intake of cholesterol has very little impact on blood serum levels of cholestrol; your body makes larger percentage than you take in from food.

The only time I eat eggs is 2 for breakfast, but since they are so cheap and easy to prepare I'm thinking about having them for lunch or dinner occasionally as well. Is there harm in eating more than 2-3 eggs a day? I'm just worried about the cholesterol- two eggs equals the daily recommended value of cholesterol.

If you are looking for an answer to a question the best place is to search google such as "Whole30 eggs" Here is a similar question with some answers. I hope this helps. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/6540-too-many-eggs-for-the-whole-30/.

Good question. I started the challenge yesterday. And I've already had 8 eggs! lol  But I'm cutting back to 2-3 eggs instead just because 4 at one sitting was just too filling. Maybe 2 eggs with sausage, ground meat or bacon.  I guess it would really depend on how hungry you are that morning. 

Archived