feeling frustrated

Babsie95

I have reintroed everything once at least. I know clearly that I react to corn syrup. However with everything else it is hard for me to see clear results. There just seem to be too many factors to see clearly what is food and what is other things. I could do another round but not sure if I would learn any more. I am just not sure to proceed. I loved my whole 30 results and dont want to lose that either. Do others have difficulty identifying reintro results?

Any experiences or advice appreciated

It sounds like you are in a very good place, actually: you know you feel better eating the whole30 way, and that other than corn syrup, you don't have a huge/immediate reaction to most things. I would take this information to mean you should eat whole30 most of the time, and choose when to go off plan based on whatever makes it "worth it" to you: corn syrup might never be "worth it" again, but a pie your mom bakes just for you once per year? you can have it and not worry about a reaction. that sounds pretty great to me.

• Moderators

What Miss Mary said.

No one who reintroduces a lot of non-Whole30-approved food enjoys fabulous health. Just because you don't have noticeable reactions does not mean these off-plan foods do not make you less healthy. The more you eat them, the more health they steal from you. 

Sometimes I hear people talk about reintroduction as if they are discovering their personal healthy foods menu, but that is far from the truth. Reintroduction helps you identify what hurts you quickly, but anything that is off plan hurts you to some degree.

Archived