Scared of the scales

So I have completed my whole 30. Basically AIP style but with coffee. I am very overweight and was hoping to loose a couple of kgs but I am up to day 33 and I cannot bring myself to step on the scales.

I'm not feeling AWESOME like some people seem to. And I do feel at the beginning of the day that I might have lost a little weight (at least I'm not as bloated) but I am concerned that if I step on the scales and it had gone up or stayed the same I will give up.

But if I don't how do I know if it is working?????

But if I don't how do I know if it is working?????

Sometimes it isn't totally clear that it's working, and there can be lots of reasons for this. Some people, just kind of get used to feeling a bit better but don't really notice until they reintroduce foods and start feeling terrible. Some people's bodies just need more than 30 days before things start changing much. I know I had a lot of weight to lose, but I didn't lose much if any the first month. It was the next 6 months or so when weight started changing. I'm glad I stuck around.  :)

• Whole30 Certified Coach

The scales totally ruin everything for me!

How do your clothes fit?  Did you take measurements?  Do you feel better - not magically better but generally better?  Maybe not Tiger Blood - but consistent energy throughout the day.  Do you feel GI better?  Is your skin clearer?  Are you more at peace with food and eating?  Have your food cravings diminished?  Are you generally less cranky and calm not being tied to a number on the scale?  Any of those things can show you that this has "worked" for you.

Archived