Prenatal Viatmins

lellielulu

Please tell me if these are ok. I am trying to conceive so I do not want to stop taking these prenatal vitamins. I trust this brand to have super high efficacy.

Also, I am under doctor's orders to take vitaminD daily and it has glycerin. What do you recommend?

post-43152-0-00581000-1396894987_thumb.j

post-43152-0-95866100-1396894999_thumb.j

These vitamins contain soy, dextrose, rice, and vanilla extract...none of which are W30 compliant, nor is the glycerin in the VitD supplement. Apparently there is VitD w/olive oil available; I have not shopped for that before though so I don't have any recommendations.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same situation, trying to concieve, could possibly be just barely pregnant now.  I am on day 1 and out of town so i can't read the ingredients on my pre-natal vitamins.  I figured I would go buy some more if anyone knows a brand that is compliant.  Though i'm guessing if i am eating right the idea is that i am getting everything I need.  I don't know, I don't want to mess up my Whole30 out the gate but i don't want to not take pre-natal vitamins when i should be taking them.

Does anyone know about Thorne Research Basic Prenatal? I am interested in them because they have folate rather than folic acids.

This is what it says on the website:

This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid.

Here's the website

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Multiples/All_Multis/prd~VMP.jsp

It seems to me to be compliant but I've never seen it mentioned here.

Thorne is a great brand, I take a few of their supplements and they are all allergen free. For Vitamin D3, see if you can find liquid drops in olive oil. The pharmacy I work at carries some and I've been using them for a few months now. 1 drop is 1,000 IU and there are 900 drops per bottle. Nothing but cholecalciferol and olive oil.

Man, what brand of vitamin are those? I never found anything with those kinds of ingredients.

If you have a Whole Foods, try the 365 every day brand. They're cheaper than Rainbow Light but still compliant, if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon,

I recently started taking the Primal Defense probiotic and I was wondering if taking 

Nutrient 950® with Vitamin K in addition would be too much?

My hair has been falling out so much and I was told that the prenatal vitamin might help. And since we're trying to conceive, I figured , might as well try the prenatal .

Please, let me know,

thank you! 

Archived