Did I accidently blow it?

Oh no!  I just finished day 10 of my first Whole 30 and noticed that the cashews I've been eating periodically (certainly not every day) have "cashews, peanut oil" in the ingredient list.  What???  Does this mean I need to start over?  I'm so disappointed! :(

• Moderators

I often buy cashews that are not roasted because it is the only way to find them without oils I do not want.

If you had eaten peanuts, I would tell you you had to restart the process. I am not certain you need to restart after eating cashews roasted in peanut oil. This mistake may have impaired your gut healing some, but my guess is that you might be okay. Here is what I recommend, keep going. Don't eat more of the cashews with peanut oil. See how you are feeling at day 30. If you are happy with your Whole30 results, call it a success. If you are not happy, keep going another 10 days to see what you feel like after 30 days in a row without eating anything that might have been a problem. 

Thanks so much for your ideas!  I really appreciate them.  While I know it's good to keep away from too many nuts, they do provide a little crunch that I sometimes like with my meals. ;) I'll check out roasting my own or maybe even look into the Bates Nut Farm macadamia nuts for a little treat sometime.  

Archived