Does too much fruit warrant a restart?

Hi Everyone,

I am on Day 3 (I already had to re-start once...I slipped up on Day 10, just like the Whole30 Daily e-mails said most people do!).  This time I am really trying to be 100% compliant, but am struggling.  On day 2, I had 5 servings of fruit (I know I should only have 1-2) and I ate two snacks.  Today, I have already have 2 servings of fruit.  Does this warrant a restart?

Also - I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for timing of meals.  Because I my work/work out schedule, I have to eat breakfast at 6am, lunch at 12:15, and I typically don't get home to cook dinner until about 9pm.  Should I be doing something special with my meal placement?  12:15 to 9pm sounds like a really long time without food.  I typically workout at 7pm, so should I eat a pre-workout snack at about 6:00?

Thanks for your help!

• Moderators

You know you should be eating 5 meals per day on days you workout, don't you? See the meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

You are eating too much fruit because you are not eating enough meat, fat, and veggies. So start eating according to the meal template and your problem with fruit should no longer be a problem. You don't need to restart over eating 5 pieces of fruit, but if you do not eat more of the main foods we recommend, you are not going to get good results. 

Even if you are not working out, you may need to eat 4 meals on long days. Your basic meals should keep you full at least 4 hours and I can often go 6 hours, but eating every 5 hours is okay. Just don't think you need to be on a tight schedule. Every 4 to 6 hours is fine. 

Archived