Dairy Dragon?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has an issue with dairy instead of sugar or grains?

It seems that I can get through the day without sugar or grains but when it comes to dairy this is where I am most challenged.  

It's always in my coffee/tea.  

I've successful done 1 Whole 30 and 3 weeks of another but dairy was always my down fall. 

If you've had this issue and have been able to over come it could you share how you did this?

Many Thanks.

NS2014

What do you use in your coffee now? I use coconut milk or coconut cream. For me almond milk is like adding water to my coffee and definitely doesn't satisfy. Can you give up coffee? Is there a tea that you can drink without milk, like herbal or fruit flavored. I am sorry I don't have more advise for you. I also love dairy but it doesn't love me so I avoid it as much as I can. Good luck!

When I wasn't on a Whole30, I would use butter in my coffee. On Whole30, I will use ghee. These past 2 weeks, I switched to canned coconut milk since we would have some left over from recipes that only called for a partial can- it's quite tasty once you get used to it. It won't ever taste like milk, so don't expect it to. Coconut cream is also nice, as it's very thick, especially after being in the refrigerator. 

For both ghee or coconut milk/cream, I find a sprinkle of cinnamon really helps the transition to the new flavor. 

What do you use in your coffee now? I use coconut milk or coconut cream. For me almond milk is like adding water to my coffee and definitely doesn't satisfy. Can you give up coffee? Is there a tea that you can drink without milk, like herbal or fruit flavored. I am sorry I don't have more advise for you. I also love dairy but it doesn't love me so I avoid it as much as I can. Good luck!

Hi There,  Currently I don't use anything in my coffee but I find in my weak moments (of which there have been quite a few lately) I go for full-fat, lactose free milk.  I agree about the almond milk.  I never could get myself to like it.  I do know of a few girls in my office that drink herbal teas I'll see if I can try one of theirs that I like.  I've kind of gone off the elderberry I used to drink.  Thanks for the ideas :)

When I wasn't on a Whole30, I would use butter in my coffee. On Whole30, I will use ghee. These past 2 weeks, I switched to canned coconut milk since we would have some left over from recipes that only called for a partial can- it's quite tasty once you get used to it. It won't ever taste like milk, so don't expect it to. Coconut cream is also nice, as it's very thick, especially after being in the refrigerator. 

For both ghee or coconut milk/cream, I find a sprinkle of cinnamon really helps the transition to the new flavor. 

HI DanielleM  Butter, Hmmm I would never have thought of that.  But coconut cream with cinnamon definitely sounds like a option for me!  I love cinnamon and I don't mind coconut cream at all! :)  Thanks for this idea! :)

Read the ingredients of your teas, some have soy lecithin or stevia. Also search for Bulletproof coffee on the forum. I believe it is blended coffee with ghee and coconut. Some people love it. I tried it but am not a fan, maybe I didn't do it right. Enjoy!

Archived