Dairy causing instant burnining throat

Ginsky

So far today I have given dairy 2 tries and both times noticed instant burning throat.  Is that normal at all?  I'm not having acid reflux in case you are thinking that's what is causing the burn, this is entirely different than that. 

I think that's one nasty allergenic reaction to milk. One result of Whole30 is it removes or lowers the mucosal barriers that normally help protect us from irritants and allergens. With these substantially gone, the things that irritate us will really irritate us: burn us, cause GI distress, etc. I would say that milk definitely should go into your "avoid" list.

Thank you for that.  Yes, I will not be having a 3rd serving of dairy.  I feel puffy.  my waist measurement instantly increased by 2 inches after the dairy, maybe it's more by now, and I got so tired and achey everywhere and thought for a while I might throw up.  I feel weepy.  My throat still burns and I have a terrible headache.  I woke up cheery and ready to conquer the world, then I reintroduced dairy. 

Neither did I which was why I posted here.  The congestion didn't puzzle me but the burn thing seemed weird.  Whatever it is, it decided to hit right after each time I had some.   I'm not inclined to try it a third time.

Okay, I really questioned my sanity over this throat burning thing and decided to have some milk with my dinner.  I'm a dunce.  My throat is burning, even my mouth feels like I just ate something that is too hot (I didn't) and my stomach hurts, and my lips itch.  So Tom, you can never say you never heard of milk causing someone's throat to burn again because now you have.  ;) 

Archived