Work Potluck

On Day 11! I really didn't think I'd make it this far, but I'm so proud of how I stayed compliant through an emotional weekend AND a holiday weekend to boot...plus going out to eat three times in two days (with friends back in town and whatnot). 

That being said...on day 16, my workplace is having a potluck. I'm preparing myself NOW for all the non-compliant temptations I'll face at lunch that day and definitely plan to bring my own lunch, as usual. However, I'd like to contribute something super tasty, compliant, easy to make in large amounts, and appetizer-y (the "theme" is appetizers). Anyone have any ideas? Like most of us, many of my coworkers think that buying the low-cal or low-fat versions of foods, or buying the "skinny"-branded kinds, is healthy, so they're totally confused by the way I'm eating. They're definitely grains-sugar-dairy ladies, that's for sure! 

Any ideas? I found all sorts of delicious-looking compliant recipes on Pinterest, but they're all so labor-intensive. Bacon-wrapped dates? Prosciutto-wrapped veggies? Blech. Yummy, but too much time. Like all of you, I spend enough time in the kitchen prepping for my own meals...I don't want to add another two hours to do one appetizer. Ha.

Well you can't go wrong with deviled eggs made with homemade mayo. There are a lot of meatball recipes on ClothesMakeTheGirl and in Well Fed 2. 

I was going to say THE EXACT SAME THING!!

Perhaps you could make turkey meatballs.....that might make the "skinny" fans happy.   :P

Archived