Vegan recipes to which I can add meat/eggs?

Jby789

Hi, this is my first post and it kind of crosses over a few topics, but it's basically a cooking question, so here I am. I'm about to start my first Whole30 and I want to be prepared with recipes and a plan. My boyfriend is very supportive, but vegan. I'm not vegan, but when I cook dinner for both of us, it's usually vegan. What I'm looking for is a good stockpile of recipes (or suggestions) for curry or stir-fry type things that each of us can customize: like a cabbage-coconut curry (he can toss in some tofu and I can add a salmon portion). The problem is most vegan recipes work hard to include legumes or soyfoods, and I can't find many paleo vegetable recipes that aren't totally boring. Anyone have any awesome suggestions? I know we can do this!

You might want to search this forum for vegan vegetarian. You might want to check out Nom Nom Paleo or The Clothes Make The Girl. Although they are both Paleo blogs they have a lot of vegetable recipes that are really good.

Tina, thank so much for spurring me to look back at Clothes Make the Girl!When I started researching earlier this week, I saw only 11 vegetable recipes there, but I just went back and I stumbled across the index ... Jackpot! So excited to write out my meal plans and get going.

• 7 months later...

Hi - I see that this reply is quite late, so I'm sure you were already successful, but I wanted to reply anyways. I eat vegan and my boyfriend doesn't, so I make lots of meals like this. My favourite meals where there is a base and we both add what we like are:

-tacos (use cabbage as the wrap for you, and make salsa, guac, cilantro, meat, etc.)

-zucchini pasta (with different sauces)

-Asian wraps (grated carrot, cilantro, chopped green onion, avocado, peppers, tempeh, meat)

Hope that helps someone :)

Archived