binge eating

As part of my ED I unfortunately binge eat. If you do binge eat, should you have the next meal as well or not? I usually binge eat in the evenings and am usually not hungry for dinner (I am post-whole 30 and failing..as you can probably tell...) 

I'm sure we have talked about this before, but do you have a therapist or someone you are talking with about this disorder? The forums aren't really equipped to help with this serious of an issue.

That said, I would think eating the next meal, if you can, or at least some of the next meal, would be a good thing. You want to avoid getting into a cycle of binging with depravation and hunger. 

Have you been binging on whole30 approved foods? Or is it back to how you were eating before you started?

Thankyou :) yes I am seeing a behavioural therapist now :) interesting point about breaking the cycle. 

I am post whole-30 and my meals are still compliant, but non-compliant snacking is creeping back in.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you are struggling so much with this...  

Maybe the W30 is too restrictive for you?  In BOB Kathryn talks a lot about not making anything a food you can NOT have.  I think W30 is wonderful in many ways but if orthorexia is a trigger for you maybe its best to just pack it up for a while and try again once you've got the eating a little more under control...

interesting as I have just ordered BOB actually :)

I read it a month or so ago. I don't believe I ever progressed to an actual eating disorder, but I was overeating to the point of feeling a bit ill at least once a week on average, and I felt completely out of control every time I did it. Reading that book helped me understand exactly why that happened, and this understanding was apparently all I needed. I have not even come close to overeating since I read it. I really hope it helps you. 

Archived