I can't believe I did this

Lisaj

I have been overweight most of my life, tried and failed at many diets and exercise fads.  I am 41, a wife and mother of 3 and have not been a good role model with my eating habits and body image.  I have not been motivated to lose weight in a long time, feeling horrible about myself but not enough to make a change.  A friend of mine started talking on Facebook a lot about Plexus and after reading the many testimonies, I was intrigued.  The only problem was I couldn't find a way to make it work in our budget, it would have cost me a minimum of $100 each month.  I was praying for God to find a way to make this work for me, I wanted to lose weight so badly, and that's when I saw a blurb about Whole30 on Andrew Zimmern's FB page.  I didn't know what it was so I kept clicking the links until I was knee deep in the information and while it sounded tough, it was the tough love page that had me. 

"It is not hard.  Don't you dare tell us this is hard.  Beating cancer is hard.  Birthing a baby is hard. Losing a parent is hard.  Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard....it's for the most important health cause on earth-the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime."

Wow.  That was exactly what I needed to hear.  And I read it over and over.  A lot.  I prayed about it a lot.  God has helped me through so many tough things in this life and I knew that with His help I could do it.  So I set my date and fully expected to feel like crap from the detox.  Not far into it I still didn't feel like crap so I posted in the forum asking if I was doing something wrong?  No, I was on the right track and the answers I got were encouraging so I kept going.  It was at that point that I realized I was not only not feeling like crap but I was feeling pretty good!  I decided right there that when this Whole30 is done I will immediately start another because I have about 100 pounds I'd like to lose, maybe less depending on inches lost and all. 

Today is day 31 of my 1st Whole 30, day 1 of my 2nd.  I am amazed.  I have had a few cravings but am over them very quickly.  I woke up excited to weigh in/measure and to my surprise I lost 13 pounds and 10 inches!!!  And it WASN'T hard!  :)

It is not hard. Don't you dare tell us this is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Birthing a baby is hard. Losing a parent is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You've done harder things than this, and you have no excuse not to complete the program as written. It's only thirty days, and it's for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime. - See more at: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/#sthash.B5lQoDq9.dpuf

Guest WholeStanley

o Lisa I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations and well done on seeing this through, good luck with your second one! (I too am on a second whole30 after about a weeks break - i just love eating this way!)

• 2 months later...

So happy for you! I would like to recommend a book that I have been reading as I have done my Whole30 this month. It is called

"Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst. It has helped me a lot and I think you will find it the perfect companion to this journey. Best wishes to you! 

So I finished my first 2 W30's (W60 really) and I lost a total of 23 pounds and 14.5 inches!  I took 4 days off because I was going on a short vacation, did not do the reintroduction phase but made pretty good food choices.  I was nervous that I wouldn't want to go back on when I got home but instead I was like a fish out of water the 4 days I was gone and couldn't wait to start another W30!  Just finished my 3rd and I'm down another 13 pounds, 6.5 inches!  I am going to continue until mid November, do the reintroduction phase and stay off until after Christmas just to get a break but I'm sure I'll keep eating like I do now for the most part, minus some Christmas cookies:).  Thank you all for the encouragement and the kind words. 

Archived