I just finished my first Whole30! (Disclaimer: before and after pics w/skin)

kmitzell

Hi!  My name is Kemmie and I will be 29 on Monday (yay!).  I started the Whole30 because my personal trainer challenged me to it, and because I had a really bad year at work (I'm a public school teacher) so I was staying relatively active but fueling my body with all the wrong foods because I "ate" all my stress and my emotions.  I ballooned up and felt awful - physically and psychologically I was a mess (the worst I had ever been), and even had to increase a current medication dosage as well as start up anxiety therapy again.  Top that off with hating my job and I was my own "recipe" for disaster.  The Whole30 just made sense: I was tired of fueling my body with junk, and tired of feeling bad about it.  Enter Mission: Whole30. I devoured the book. Then I jumped right in! On day 13, I got frustrated because I had to start over after eating an ingredient that I didn't realize was not compliant, so I actually did the Whole43 because I ended up tacking on an extra 30 days to my original 13.  Looking back, though, it was probably one of the best "mistakes" I ever made, because on day 44 (today) my results have proven astounding to me: 13 pounds down, 7 inches of fat shed from all over my body (translation: 4% of my body fat gone).  In addition, I feel amazing - emotionally, psychologically, physically - every single fiber of my being is just beaming good energy and it has made me happier than I ever could have thought imaginable. I slayed the Sugar Dragon!  Food had been my prison for a quarter century, and with the Whole30, I feel like food has finally set me free in so many more ways than one.  When Dallas and Melissa say it will change your life, they mean it.  Thank you!!!  I can't wait to see where I am in 10 months... this may have been my first ever Whole30, but it certainly won't be my last!  Now I have the tools, knowledge and the skills to last me a lifetime.   #iamwhole30

post-47525-0-91816400-1406223403_thumb.j

Yay!! I'm starting my W30 on Aug 1st for the first time. Looking at the before and after photos is encouraging!  

Question though, what do you use to put together your graphics?  Nicely done!

Congrats on your success!

Congratulations, and I just wanted to say that you have my sympathy on the job stress too - I used to teach high school and frequently used to "eat" the stress too. Looking back, if I had done something like Whole30, maybe that would have helped manage the stress better!

Thanks so much, all, for these encouraging words!  I so appreciate all your support :) I can't wait to do my next Whole30 once I am situated in grad school!  I hope to do several and then see where I stand in a year!

Jenny - I used an app on my iPhone called PhotoCollage. It's free and you can download it in the AppStore :)  Super-fun and very easy.

Sundial - thanks for your kind words :) teaching is tough!  At least now I'll be teaching college students instead of high schoolers in the public sector (yowza).  It's been great turning over a new leaf with the Whole30 - on so many levels.

Cheers!  #iamwhole30

Your post was absolutely spot on and exactly what I needed to read. As a fellow public school teacher I relate to everything you posted. Last year was very difficult for me and I turned to food and walked away from exercise as my solution and in six months packed on 35 pounds I had taken three years to remove. This Whole 30 is truly a restart - August 1, day 3. I too have a new assignment in the Fall, still in the public sector - middle school special education - but am hopeful my goal of obtaining sustainable sanity will happen.

Good luck at Grad school and your new endeavor!

Archived