Heart palpitations

Hi all, I've been having lots of heart palpitations in the evening since I started Whole30.  I seem to remember this happening to me in the past when I went low carb.  My plan is to add some more starchy carbs in, add potassium, and start a magnesium supplement to make sure my electrolytes are balanced.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

• Moderators

I have no experience with heart palpitations, but it facilitates troubleshooting to know what you have been eating. Your plan to increase starchy veggies, potassium, and magnesium sounds good, but it would be good to know if you were missing all starchy veggies and foods rich in potassium and magnesium before. 

Hi all, I've been having lots of heart palpitations in the evening since I started Whole30.  I seem to remember this happening to me in the past when I went low carb.  My plan is to add some more starchy carbs in, add potassium, and start a magnesium supplement to make sure my electrolytes are balanced.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

Yes.   Have you been to a heart physician and had a check-up?  Potassium levels should be checked out.

Potassium deficiencies run in my family and many of us have to have it checked out regularly.

Archived