Bacon question

Sarah White

I found Wellshire Uncured Turkey Bacon at Whole Foods. The nutrition facts say no sugar, my question is in the ingredients it says turkey, water, sea salt, evaporated cane syrup, celery powder, paprika and onion powder, is evaporated cane sugar okay? Thanks for your help.

I found Wellshire Uncured Turkey Bacon at Whole Foods. The nutrition facts say no sugar, my question is in the ingredients it says turkey, water, sea salt, evaporated cane syrup, celery powder, paprika and onion powder, is evaporated cane sugar okay? Thanks for your help.

All the Whole Foods in my area stock Pedersons Sugar Free Bacon. 

I have found it at four different Whole Foods. 

You have to look through all the packaged bacons and the sugar free is in small letters - Pedersons has a greenish logo.

Here's what the package looks like:

http://pedersonsfarms.com/product/uncured-no-sugar-hickory-smoked-bacon-natural-paleo-bacon/

Once you find it you'll be able to find it easily - I went three weeks not finding it and it was there the whole time. 

Costco also stocks a sugar free bacon. 

Prosciutto is a good sub for bacon, and is more easily found sugar free. 

Derval (you meant to say Sarah btw, I'm the one who answered her about Pedersons ) the funny thing is, we do have the SF bacon, but its hard to find among the many bacons that AREN'T.

I can't find compliant sausages here either btw, the butcher is going to make me a special batch! I bet you have good butchers in Ireland who would do that for you too!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived