Feeling fuller and the end of Whole30

Lynnette keen

I finished my 1st Whole30 yesterday ~ loved it (well after day 10!) I'm not planning to reintroduce sugar or dairy or bread..or most anything else. I fall into the category in the reintroduction section of "if you didn't miss it why reintroduce it".

Have others who have completed noticed that at the end of it you feel fuller on less and less food? When I started it I ate a lot! I've continue to make that amount of food for my meals, and eat it all, but am feeling so much fuller and plan to eat less. It makes sense that my body has adjusted to the nutrient dense food and is using it's reserves from that now.

SO thankful I got hooked up with Whole30, Whole9 and the whole thing!

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

Congrats on you finishing your Whole 30.   I also felt better after 10 day of being on the whole 30.

I ate much more food at the beginning and do feel now I don't need as much, I believe this is normal.  Your body is now just adapting to what it needs and it's letting you know when to stop eating - I believe that's one of the things you want to happen.

Now I have a question for you....you said you were staying on the whole 30, but I thought they want you to reintroduce foods to see how your body responds?    

I'm also wondering why people stay on it for 45 or 60 days?   

I still get some sugar cravings now and then and wondering if maybe 30 days isn't long enough for me?  

HI,

Congrats on you finishing your Whole 30.   I also felt better after 10 day of being on the whole 30.

I ate much more food at the beginning and do feel now I don't need as much, I believe this is normal.  Your body is now just adapting to what it needs and it's letting you know when to stop eating - I believe that's one of the things you want to happen.

Now I have a question for you....you said you were staying on the whole 30, but I thought they want you to reintroduce foods to see how your body responds?    

I'm also wondering why people stay on it for 45 or 60 days?   

I still get some sugar cravings now and then and wondering if maybe 30 days isn't long enough for me?  

Whole30 blog post about extending the program that can help to determine if you need it or not. 

The general recommendation on reintroduction is to reintroduce only those foods you're curious about (e.g., you want to know your physical/psychological reaction) and foods you want to eat again.  If you're happy having a food group out of your diet, no need to reintroduce.  

For example, I chose not to reintroduce soy, as I don't want that in my diet again. I also didn't need to reintroduce gluten, as it was already out of my life for 6+ years prior to my Whole30, since being tested as gluten-sensitive.

Archived