Starting Monday 25th August

ssohappy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30! Results! 

I haven't had a chance to weigh myself yet because I made  my boyfriend take the scale to his place so I wouldn't be tempted to cheat. If I had to guess I would say 10 lbs? So 155 to 145? I will confirm later. 

Inches: 

Waist: 31 --> 28

Bust: 36.5 --> 36 (woohoo! I didn't want to lose anything here.)

Hips: 41.5 --> 39

Upper Arms: 13 --> 12.25

Upper Legs: 24 --. 23

So a total body loss of 7.75 inches. Not bad for just 30 days. I also went from a solid size 8 to fitting a 6 easily. Non-scale victories include clearer skin, more consistent and steady energy (no highs or crashes throughout the day) and rediscovered my love of cooking. I also don't think I have any major food sensitivities, but both dairy and grains (possibly just gluten?) seem to make me bloated and gassy (I had a couple of accidental exposures), so I will mostly avoid them in the future. It wasn't a 'perfect' whole30 for me (see accidental exposures) but I am still pleased with my results and love that I have this tool in my arsenal now. 

Also, don't make that italian soup I posted with purple potatoes. It turns the broth a FUNKY color. 

Ok, now that I have a little more time.... :)

I don't own a scale and haven't weighed myself since the beginning of summer. At that point I was (ugh) 155#. I'm only 5'2" so I've been uncomfortably pudgy for most of 2014.

I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow. But I know already that I'm fitting back into more of my clothes. January/February of this year I had 2 of those big Ziploc clothes storage bags Full of clothes I didn't fit into. Slowly going through it and finding I've made improvements.

Non-scale/weight progress: My skin has cleared up and my yearly transition skin from summer to cooler weather was less uncomfortable. I'm sleeping Much better, even not waking up when I slip my sleepmask off. I've hardly snacked in between meals, and really only at the beginning when I was playing with portions. I've reminded myself how much I actually Enjoy cooking (pop on some Dean Martin or French bistro music, crack open Julia Childs book and groove :) ) plus we're heading into the best indoor cooking season. I've navigated going out to eat multiple times Successfully, including breakfast! My moods and energy levels are consistent.

Things I want to continue to focus on: eating whole Real foods! Keeping up with Fun and Play and getting Outside while I can.

For those of you who are not going beyond 30 days, do the reintroductions :). And use the forums, my first time I kept up a post-whole30 log and that helped me identify some triggers well beyond the reintroduction period. The Staying on Track one is a great resource too. Plus this is a great place to come back and vent when needed. The number of people who will start saying tomorrow "yay, 30 days is over, now you can eat ____ like me again" may surprise you. Just because the 30 days are done, if you know something bothers your gut/skin/allergies/etc then use knowledge and strength gained these past 30 days to say "No thank you". What we put in our bodies affects Us, not anyone else.

Can't wait to see everyone's success, thoughts for the future, and future posts. :lol:

Happy Day 30'!!!!

I'll be doing my measurements tomorrow morning.

At this point I'm going to keep going until....

My plan even once I decide to go off the W30 for a really good reason (read a mimosa with my ladies, some beef bourguignon calls my name, or a fall cup of mulled cider), is to stay what I'll call Whole 9 eating. That means no grains, dairy, legumes. Limiting sugar to things like salami and bacon. Saving paleo baked goods and desserts for special occasions. And maybe ketchup, because honestly I only really put it on eggs and I love it. Possibly the occasional corn item, but we'll see.

Non negotiable: no soda pop. It's just bad and I lack control once I have it. No fast food. No junk processed ready made foods.

I'll be keeping my W 30 log until I have a non W30 item, then I'll be posting in the post W30 section. I've still got work to do and habits to cement.

Day 31!! 

At the start of whole 30, I was 187#. I'm only 5'3''. I hated the person in the mirror. My self  confidence was pretty much nothing. So far, thanks to whole 30 I have lost 10 lbs! I went from a size 12 to a size 10. Yay! I wish I took measurements, but I  did have to tighten my heart rate monitor quite a bit around my waist, it started slipping off  :) . Other victories are: improved self confidence, clearer skin and much stronger aerobic exercise (namely cycling). 

I'm not really continuing whole 30, but I'm not reintroducing either. I'm not going to be as strict on myself with some added sugar items, namely condiments, but still avoid sugar as much as possible. I am having ONE beer at a local brewery tonight with my boyfriend to celebrate Day 31, but dinner will still be compliant. T

Y'all have been amazing and definitely a source of strength! Checking the forums in the morning with coffee has really helped me get through my worst craving days, thank you!

I logged my whole 30 on myfitnesspal and will be continuing my weight loss journey on there too. Same user name (aecuncw) if you'd like to follow.  

Wow, congratulations!!! I wish I took measurements, I just did a front and side picture.  

Pictures can tell you a lot too. I've only been brave enough to do that once or twice over the years, and I've never been able to post them. But I can see the difference.

I didn't take my measurements; I hid my tape measure from myself to avoid temptation and apparently hid it a little Too well :lol:

Still sticking to the template so far. Think I'll move over to the Post-Whole30 log area soon. Staying connected to the forum community is important I think to keeping on track while "riding my own bike and occasionally going off-road" :D

Hi everyone! Hooray for day 31!

I am so thrilled with what the Whole30 has done for me. I got on the scale this morning and I was down nearly 18 pounds! I couldn't believe my eyes. No tracking, no counting calories, just delicious and healthy food for 30 days and wow. I reflected a bit last night about this past month and here's what I know...

-I am proud of myself

-I am not a number on a scale, but darn I do like it when I see it getting lower

-I feel better, I sleep better, I have more energy

-My skin is happier

-I know I can't follow the reintro schedule perfectly, but I will do my best and will reset when I need to

-I always have the Whole30 to fall back on

-This has changed how I look at food

-This has changed how I view my own willpower

-I could not have done this without you all

I'm having a little milk with my breakfast, will have some yogurt with lunch and some cheese with dinner. Will my stomach panic? Probably...it has been more than 30 days after all. I'm going to try to concentrate more on how I feel, how my body reacts as a whole and then move forward. I have no fantasies of diving into a bowl of ice cream taller than me or planting my face in a pile of candy, so I'll count this as a win. I'm ready to head over to the post-30 section and keep counting victories. I hope to see you all there. You all are amazing.

Megan

Good morning, it's Day 31 and I feel awesome. Bought myself some beautiful peach roses to celebrate yesterday.

I'm proud of myself.

I've found my willpower, which I misplaced for a long time. I've only needed to draw on it a few times in the last 30 days.

I'm thankful for my supportive husband, who has made it easier for me to not need willpower by keeping his junk food out of the house. He's feeling better too, just eating W30 when he's home (he lost 6 pounds apparently in the 30 days)

I'm thankful for my best ladies, including my sister. They've been super supportive as well, and this counts for a lot when our usual girls night included cocktails.

I've been enjoying cooking and meal planning again.

I'm just so darn happy. Pretty much every day.

My skin is just nicer all around.

My sleep is pretty darn great 90% of the time. Even when I am tired, my mood stays good.

My energy is consistent from the time I wake up til I go to bed.

I'm 5'4", and while I feel prouder and standing taller, I'm still 5'4" :D

I weighed about 148 the day I started. I'm down to 140.5 today.

I'm down 7" all over the body

And I'm ready to keep going.

Good morning everyone,

I woke up this morning and I thought, gosh the whole 30 is done now, I can have whatever I want but I found myself making the usual omelete, which is okay becuase I like having eggs in the morning because it keeps me full until lunch. Then I thought Oh, its pumpkins spice latte season maybe I will get one of those at starbucks this morning...and again I found myself just getting a plain black tea.  I found that I have amazing willpower and resistance, and I am just amazed at what junk is in absolutely everything we eat. My partner wasn't doing the whole 30 and he ate M & M's, chips, ice cream almost every night, pasta, amazing delicious sauces etc and I didn't cheat! I am really proud of myself and what I have accomplished.

The whole 30 has been very good for me because I am trying to resolve some other issues other than just weight. I did lose 9.7 pounds which is a bonus, and I don't how many inches over all because I didn't measure before or after but I am definitely down a couple of sizes just based on how my clothing is fitting.  I do sleep better and it is nice to not have so much bloating in the day some days my stomach would be 5-8" different from the morning to the evening. I do have quite a bit of energy, although that wasn't much of a problem for me before. I haven't looked at the reintegration schedule yet...I kind of want to keep doing the whole 30 mostly so that I keep losing, and so that I can continue to work on my other health issues.

I am so proud of all of you who stuck this out with me for these 30 days. Megan and Ginsinnot, congrats to you on all of your hard work it has definitely paid off and I hope to see you here again in the future! :)

Cheers,

Chantelle

Hey everyone,

anyone doing another W30? I am and we started a new thread called Whole30 starting 24/9/14. Come over and join us for great support.

I lost 7lbs this time and expect to loose more on this next W30. Now that I know what I'm doing and getting better at my cooking and menus and reading labels.

Come over and join us if your planning on doing a repeat of W30 or just wanting a great support team.

We can do this

Dawn

Hey guys!  Today is Day 31 for me.

So, i'm going to start with what feels better after whole 30

-my skin

-my digestive issues - i am no longer painfully bloated at the end of the day

-my relationship with food

-my energy levels

However, I weighed myself and I didn't lose an ounce... I also tried on some pants that were a little tight the first day and they fit but nothing special.  

What did I do wrong?  I did eat fruit and potatoes but I workout 6 days a week!  I crossfit 4-5 times and run 2-3 times.  I'm real disappointed that I didn't lose weight.  I wanted to keep eating Whole 30 because it was easy to crossfit this much with that diet. 

Ugh.... I think i'm going to have to do low carb paleo if I want to lose weight.  I'm going to ask my coaches what they think I should do.  I have a lot of muscle already but I hate weighing in the 150's at 5'6.  I just want to be 140-145 again.

I didn't take any measurements, i'm going to buy some measuring tape and take those today.  Thinking about hulk smashing my scale as well.

-my skin

-my energy levels

However, I weighed myself and I didn't lose an ounce... I also tried on some pants that were a little tight the first day and they fit but nothing special.  

What did I do wrong?  I did eat fruit and potatoes but I workout 6 days a week!  I crossfit 4-5 times and run 2-3 times.  I'm real disappointed that I didn't lose weight.  I wanted to keep eating Whole 30 because it was easy to crossfit this much with that diet. 

Ugh.... I think i'm going to have to do low carb paleo if I want to lose weight.  I'm going to ask my coaches what they think I should do.  I have a lot of muscle already but I hate weighing in the 150's at 5'6.  I just want to be 140-145 again.

I didn't take any measurements, i'm going to buy some measuring tape and take those today.  Thinking about hulk smashing my scale as well.

Don't be discouraged!

I'm not a cross fitter, but it seems like a lot that have been on the forum over time find they need to eat significantly more. Maybe you're not eating as much as you need with all that exercise?

check out the forum spot for athletes, you may find some better guidance as you look through that.

And were you keeping a food log on the forum daily? I'd do that if you weren't, because you can ask others here for feedback.

The scale is no one's friend. Really. Hulk Smash Away.

And consider that this may just be where your healthy body feels it should be?

• Moderators

-my skin

-my energy levels

So very, very many things affect your weight. More muscle now than you had when you weighed 140 may mean you never weigh 140 again, unless you're willing to lose that muscle. Read this article and this one and try to remember that body composition matters a lot more than what the scale says. 

You're working out a lot. Are you sure you're devoting enough time to recovery?  Are you getting adequate sleep at night? How is your stress level? These things affect weight loss.

There are tons of threads about not losing weight on Whole30, look for them and see if any of the suggestions resonate with you.  This thread in particular seems to have a lot of information you might find helpful. And of course, if you don't find the answers you're looking for, you can always start a thread over in the Troubleshooting section, list a few days' worth of typical meals, activity and sleep levels, water consumption, and anything else you think might be relevant, and I'm sure you'll get feedback about things that might need to be tweaked.

Thanks for the links, I've read a couple of those but i'm going to re read them again.

I PRed my deadlift today and i'm really happy about that.  I am definitely a lot stronger than I was 30 days ago.  I have fluff on my stomach and legs and that's what I want to melt away.  I guess that will take time.  

I do workout a lot but I make sure to take 1-2 days of rest a week.  Today was my fifth day in a row of crossfit but I typically never do more than four days.  The reason I went in today was because I knew I had a deadlift PR in me and deadlifts were a part of the programming.  I might need to reevaluate my days on and off.  

I sleep 8-10 hours a night (I know, that's a lot) and I eat pretty solidly according to the template.  I'll keep a food log today and for a couple more days then post that on the trouble shooting log to get some input.  

Thanks guys. 

Archived