Costco

kirdyq

I left Costco for Sam's at one point and switched back when my membership ended.  There are no grass-fed meats or organic chicken at Sam's, and the only organic veggie is carrots.  I try to eat as organic as my budget will allow, and Sam's just wasn't cutting it.  They are great if you eat a lot of frozen, pre-packaged stuff, but they are quite lacking on real food.

I am a little bit in love with costco. I buy my salad greens there, avocados, apples, bananas, pineapple, frozen berries, potatoes, yams, chicken, salmon, avocado, coconut and olive oils and non food items (clothes for the kids, dvds, books...). They have a lot of paleo cookbooks there. We get a CSA box of produce from a local farm, and grass fed beef from another but mostly everything else I buy at costco.

Aidell's chicken-apple sausages (compliant!) are significantly less expensive at Costco than other markets. I'm getting 3 packages for less than the price of 2 at a "regular" grocery store (like Safeway or Fred Meyer in my area).  We also buy cantaloupe, avocado, eggs, avocado oil, and frozen veggies for much better prices at Costco. 

I don't know Sam's Club to make a genuine comparison for you, but give Costco a big thumbs-up !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived