How much natural sugar each day? "Natural flavor" ingredient ok?

JClvsu

I'm on my Day 3, and I'm feeling really great! I'm loving it.

Anyway, a few weeks before my husband and I started Whole30, we bought bunch of Fruitsource bars. When we started Whole30, we checked to see if this stuff is still compliant...they are.

However, I have been reading and seeing that some people recommend not to snack between meals, and such...and that we shouldn't eat "sugarbomb" stuff. How much is "sugarbomb"? Each fruitsource bar has 29g of natural sugar. Is that okay, or is that too much? 

Also, in the ingredients, it includes "Natural Flavor". Is that ok? I'm not sure what that means...

Just wondering! Still learning a lot everyday! :)

We would generally recommend those get placed in the category of emergency food. Focus on eating whole foods as much as possible during your Whole30. They are technically compliant and "natural flavor" is fine, but snacking on even whole fruit in between meals isn't ideal as it can cause a blood sugar spike. If you still want to eat these treat them as fruit in the template and eat as part of a meal but I would highly recommend putting them aside for now.

Archived