a tiny bit of Blue Cheese?

barbrem

I ordered a salad today without realizing it had Blue Cheese crumbles on it. I picked most of them off, but I can't get them all.. I'm on day 18 and I don't want to start over. Would it be Ok to eat the minute amount of blue cheese left? I hate to throw this away. HELP!

Dairy unfortunately causes quite a bit of diggestive upset.  So unfortunately it will probably throw your results off and is technical grounds for a restart.  That being said, this article may help you make a decision that is best for you: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

IMO - there are a couple of ways you can handle this - do a whole 30 then do proper reintros but wait until day 48 to introduce dairy again.

Do an extended whole 30 - like a whole 48.

I know this is bummer and we have all encountered it.  On my first whole 30 (day 13 - I think) we were invited out to a birthday party at a restaurant.  I did all my homework and such, discussed at length with the owner on what my possibilities could be and did as good as I could possibly could.  But the next day I could tell that I had been "slimed".  I felt groggy and hungover.  I had no idea on what made me feel this way.  However I did feel strongly enough that it was grounds for a restart but hated the fact that I had to hit day 1 again.  So instead of that I decided to add 15 days and make it a whole 45.

I ordered a salad today without realizing it had Blue Cheese crumbles on it. I picked most of them off, but I can't get them all.. I'm on day 18 and I don't want to start over. Would it be Ok to eat the minute amount of blue cheese left? I hate to throw this away. HELP!

Barbrem - how did you feel after eating the blue cheese, is a good question to ask as well. 

Thank you for your replies. Because I purchased this salad on my way to work and had not eaten anything at all yet today, I picked through it and ate the chicken, apples & a bit of lettuce. I might have got a few minuscule pieces but since I'm stuck at work with nothing else to eat, I had to eat some of it.

• Moderators

One of the things to remember is that the Whole30 is an elimination diet. Eating mostly the approved foods is not the same as completely eliminating the off-plan foods. You can improve your health eating mostly the approved foods, but to achieve a good understanding of how dairy effects you, you have to eliminate it fully for 30 days. 

Archived