fair food

Ninalia

We just had our county fair..  I ordered a burger with no bun..

I'd be too worried that this burger contained stuff other than actual beef. I know how difficult it is to find ready-made burgers in the shops without added ingredients and I'd be very surprised if I could find a burger at a fair which was compliant. I think maybe I over-thought my whole30 :)

I'd be too worried that this burger contained stuff other than actual beef. I know how difficult it is to find ready-made burgers in the shops without added ingredients and I'd be very surprised if I could find a burger at a fair which was compliant. I think maybe I over-thought my whole30 :)

Nope, Susanrenee, you were right on. Avoiding those tiny hidden ingredients matters.

• 2 weeks later...

we just went to a wonderful one and had mexican food that was grilled in front of us, had shrimp tacos, no breading, and the cabbage topping, passed on the cream sauce, replaced it with diced tomato. I used the taco as a plate and ate off it :)

I think if we go to the "normal food"  first and then strip down the components that are non compliant we may have more interesting choices rather than the opposite

Archived