Tums?

estrock

I sometimes do a tbs of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of water when I have heartburn and that helps.

Usually what we associate with too much stomach acid is really symptomatic of not enough which is why the vinegar helps.

Funny you posted that. I *just* read about that this morning. I took ACV before my current meal, along with my usual digestive enzymes and such. Stomach ache still reared up. Does it take a while, meaning, a few meals/days of meals with the ACV before you start to feel better?

Funny you posted that. I *just* read about that this morning. I took ACV before my current meal, along with my usual digestive enzymes and such. Stomach ache still reared up. Does it take a while, meaning, a few meals/days of meals with the ACV before you start to feel better?

That actually isn't how I use it. I use it when I'm experiencing heartburn. Any thoughts on what might be triggering the stomach aches? 

That actually isn't how I use it. I use it when I'm experiencing heartburn. Any thoughts on what might be triggering the stomach aches? 

What I'd read about low stomach acid was that a dose of ACV with water before meals would help with digestion, so that's what I tried. I actually felt better right after I took it, but then I ate lunch and the stomach ache came back.

I have *no idea* why this is happening. I'm on day 10, and I've had a stomach ache every time I eat for four days now. This wasn't anything I dealt with on my old way of eating (I was a regular probiotic/digestive enzyme user prior to Whole30). Could it be the lots more fiber? Too much protein/fat? Normal Whole30-second-week gut adjustments? I'm basically just hanging in there in hopes it'll get better as I get used to eating like this.

It could be any of those things. I would hang in there and if it doesn't improve maybe post a few days of your food, activity, sleep, stress, and water intake for us to see if there is anything else we can pinpoint. Regarding water and digestion most of what I have read says to avoid water before, during, and directly after meals as it can lower your stomach acid and impair digestion. So if you are drinking a lot of water around meal times that is something you could try as well. In the meantime see if using the ACV as you would have used tums helps at all.

• 2 months later...

Archived