Bloated As Hecking Heck

So background info, I have been Paleo on and off for about 2 months and I just finished day 3 of my first Whole 30 (woohoo!) The only problem is I am really really really bloated. Like pants that were almost too big for me are too tight for me now that I'm this bloated. What is weird is that doing Paleo I noticed I generally had a flat stomach and the morning I started Whole 30 I wasn't even bloated despite all the junk I had the night before. Will this wear off? Am I doing something wrong? Thankyou in advance! I am really looking forward to seeing what the Whole 30 can do for me!!

• Moderators

It's pretty typical to have bloating in the first few days of a Whole30. While your diet may not have been as bad as many people's, perhaps it was different enough from Whole30 that you're just experiencing typical symptoms.

Or maybe you ate something that made you bloated -- cauliflower, if I eat very much of it, can do it to me. Raw veggies cause some people discomfort. Nuts, nut butters, and coconut are also possibilities.

My guess is, either way, in a few days you'll feel better. If you don't already, consider adding fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, or kombucha for their probiotic content, that might help some.

Archived