I'm new around here and just finished the book a few minutes ago. I initially started researching food sensitives and decided to do an elimination diet, which I started 10 days ago...then I found out about the Whole30 a few days ago! I've read about several people with trichotillomania (the compulsion to pull out their hair) having a reduction in their pulling by just eliminating gluten, while others had good results with eliminating things like egg yolks, soy and other legumes. I've been pulling my hair my whole life and decided to give the elimination thing a shot! I did find a story about a woman who's trichotillomania vanished after completing the Whole30. 

I plan on finishing up the elimination and reintroduction of what I'm doing now, and then do a Whole30. I reintroduced eggs back into my diet this morning (earlier than planned, but I'm finding it hard to afford meat) and about 30-45 min later I had stomach pain. Is this too fast to be related to what I ate/eggs? Now, about 6 hours later, I'm having some itchiness and desires to pull out my hair. Uh oh! I'm going to hopefully eat eggs tonight and then not eat them at all for a few days and try it all over again to see if I have the same reaction. 

Have any of you had a bad reaction to eggs? I know they are a staple in the Whole30 and am really hoping I'm not sensitive to them!

Still having trouble figuring out if I'm sensitive to eggs or not. I ate eggs yesterday morning and didn't have a stomach ache. I had them last night and this morning and had some stomach issues this morning. Was it my coffee? Something else I ate? I'm thinking I should do a week without them then try them again. Maybe in the middle of the day? It's tough when there's so many other things I'm eating as well as just lots of dust and pollen in the air right now (California drought).

I have trouble with non-organic and non-free range (cage) eggs, but organic ones seem to be okay (pretty sure mine are grain fed organic).

It's worth trying just yolks and just whites, some people only react to one or the other (usually whites), as well as different egg suppliers.

If you can get other kinds of eggs locally, you could also try duck eggs.

If eggs are a no-go, AIP recipes are egg free :)

I wish I had the same experience. I'm on day 6 but have been on a less strict elimination diet for almost 3 weeks. Less urges but I still pull. Very frustrating!

• 2 months later...

Hi, my name is Susan. I suffer from trich too. But I pull from my body, not my head. I also suffer from skin picking.

Right now I am about 95% free from both.

I am not positive, but the biggest thing I can contribute it to is eating Paleo and now Whole 30.

I am on meds for hypothyroidism, and am trying to get more sleep.

I am just really greatful and am going to see what happens.

Not absolutely perfectly. I have had some off meals, even some off days.

Archived