Creative Uses of Mayo

sspayne

Hi all - I made some mayo on Sunday and now I'm a little baffled about what to do with it! I made a delicious chicken salad that I think will be an amazing combo of fat and protein. What are some other awesome ways to use the mayo? (I don't usually eat mayo.)

Last night I added a little extra lemon juice and chives to homemade mayo and stirred a couple tablespoons into roasted spaghetti squash. So perfect for a creamy starchy craving. I also like to season it with different things and spoon on tuna/salmon cakes, beef/chicken burgers, or just to dip cut veggies into.

• Moderators

I love roasted sweet potatoes dipped in mayo :wub: . Or you can thin it a bit with a little vinegar and add some herbs for a creamy salad dressing. (Or here's a ranch dressing recipe.)  Use it to make something like this baked fish almondine (use ghee instead of butter). Deviled eggs/egg salad. Tuna salad. Make coleslaw. Sometimes, if I need to add fat to a meal, I just put a dollop of mayo on the plate, and dip my meat and veggies in it -- it goes well with pretty much everything. 

My favorite thing to do with extra mayo is to make Compliant Sweet Potato Salad.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds – white sweet potatoes
3/4 cup – homemade mayo
1 tablespoon – mustard
1 clove garlic – fine chopped
2 shallots - small dice

3 tablespoons - fine chopped cornichons or dill pickle relish

Splash of pickle juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Cut up potatoes into bite sized pieces. Place potatoes into a large pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.

In a large mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard, garlic, shallots, cornichons, and pickle juice. Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.

Let the salad chill in the refrigerator overnight for best results.

• 1 month later...

Archived