Eggs, eggs, everywhere!

Ursula

Hey all! I know this is probably asked a lot...but I need some egg ideas. We have 5 chickens that are free range in our large back yard. We get around 1/2 dozen a day. This is our first year with chickens and I haven't yet come up with enough recipes for eggs. I've done boiled, over medium, scrambled, and deviled (speaking of which, is it whole30 compliant?). I make mayo with my eggs also.

So the question is...what's your go-to egg recipe?

Either fried over hard w a broken yoke or hard-boiled are my 'go to' in terms of how I most often eat them, but for more of recipe-type incarnations: (1) scramble egg, ground meat, and salsa and toss it in the microwave and (2) hard-boiled egg + canned tuna or salmon + mixed greens + salsa

Deviled eggs are Whole30 compliant if you use homemade mayo/mustard/relish/whatever you put on yours. For example, with a basic deviled egg like I grew up with, I'd make my own mayo and make sure there was no sugar or wine or other noncompliant ingredients in the mustard.

I make a lot of frittatas - a compliant sausage or other meat (if you want), whatever vegetables you want (cooked greens, diced peppers...), eggs + salt and pepper, baked in a cast iron skillet. That uses up a bunch of eggs.

• Moderators

We make a big frittata at least once a week. Great hot or cold, and easy to grab a slice on the go.

I just sautee some onions, peppers, spinach, or whatever I have on hand in my cast iron pan. Maybe add a little leftover meat too. Beat 7-10 eggs and season, pour into the hot pan. Preheat your oven (sometimes I use the broiler on low) and after it cooks a short time (3 minutes?) on the stove, pop it in the oven to finish. I just watch it. Broiler is faster, 350 oven takes 10 minutes or so. Just keep checking. Delicious!

Archived