Advice for Meal Planning

swainy_26

Hi all, Just wanted to post an average day Meal Planning and get some constructive critiscm of things to add in or take away. My main goal of following such as meal plan is to continue to restore my IBS (Which is nearly non-existent when I take away grains, dairy and coffee), to provide energy and stamina with my days beginning with an early morning workout, followed by 8 hrs in front of a computer at work followed by another 2-3 hrs in front of a computer at home for online full time study and to better improve my body composition by reducing body fat and increasing muscle after losing approx. 24kg over the past few years. All advice would be much appreciated.

5am - Get up, drink a glass of water with lemon and eat 1 boiled egg and approx. 6 cashews. 545-6am - Either a 5 or 7km run with 10-15 min HIIT or a 30 min intense cardio/resistance session with a 10-15 min walk to warm up. 645-7am - Tin of plain tuna. 745am - 3-4 eggs sauteed up in some coconut oil with zucchini, baby spinach, rocket, tomato, zucchini,onion, mushroom and capsicum with 1/4 avocado and a piece of fruit (normally a banana - my favourite or some berries). 12pm - Hand sized portion of meat and 1/2 to 3/4 plate of veggies or salad (usually leftovers) with a piece of fruit (apple or berries usually) and a handful or so of almonds/cashews. 6-630pm - Usually same sort of idea as lunch but normally without fruit. Usual dinner/lunches comprise; - 1/2 piece of grassfed steak (about size of my palm) with steamed veggies (brocolli, cauliflower, sweet potato, pumpkin, spinach, beans etc.) - chicken breast pieces mixed with lots of veggies - paleo burgers (grassfed mince patties with salad and mushroom 'buns)

Drinks are usually lots of water or green tea.

So yeah, just a brief overview but ANY advice would be great - want to ensure I am doing everything in my power to make my life a better one to live :D

• Moderators

That all looks okay. I would caution not to use too many nuts as your fat source, many people find that 1) they cause bloating and digestive issues, and 2) they are food without brakes -- something that is easily eaten mindlessly so that you end up consuming more than you realize.  Be sure you add some fat to each meal -- I see avocado for breakfast and almonds/cashews for lunch, but you didn't specifically mention any at dinner.

That all looks okay. I would caution not to use too many nuts as your fat source, many people find that 1) they cause bloating and digestive issues, and 2) they are food without brakes -- something that is easily eaten mindlessly so that you end up consuming more than you realize.  Be sure you add some fat to each meal -- I see avocado for breakfast and almonds/cashews for lunch, but you didn't specifically mention any at dinner.

Hi Shannon, thanks so much for your response!

I usually use avocado/coconut oil as my fat source but at lunch/dinner they are just something easy to grab. I can see that they could easily be a food without brakes which is why I never take a full packet with me anywhere but rather tip a serving size, about a handful or so, into a container and eat them from that :) so far I haven't noticed any discomfort from eating them.

Dinner is usually either having the fat on grassfed steak, cooking in coconut oil or having some cashews - if we have a sald with dinner I will usually add avocado to it also :)

Again thanks so much for your response :) really appreciate it. I am really trying to make sure I get in enough espicially pre and post workout because I find if I get those right I am more satisfied all day whereas when I just eat a banana for pre and nothing post other than breakfast I am chasing food all day!

Archived