Starting on Monday, Dec 29th

Jalopy

Whole 30 done!

Happy to finish today, although somehow it's not different.  Spend afternoon in kitchen cooking ... freezer was running low.  

Also prepping for an evening party I'm hosting this week ... neighborhood ladies get together once a month for food, drink and entertainment.  Host plans the evening ... so I have complete control.  I'm doing about a 50/50 Whole30/regular food menu.  Cava and berries for those drinking ... seltzer and berries for those not (probably just me!).  Fun night and I really don't have an interest in eating off plan (yea!) ... at least now  ;)

Weighed myself this morning.  Wasn't sure whether to do it last day or day 31.  Doesn't matter I guess.  I'm sitting nicely at the low end of my weight range.  I didn't weigh myself prior because I had overeaten for 2 holiday weeks and I always hold so much water weight.  I thought I would be upset the whole 30 days if that was the last scale number I saw.  It was so awesome to lose weight and not be hungry!!  All clothes in the closet fit ... that's a great feeling!

I made my list of good, bad and so-so.  It was interesting to see it all written out.  Some happy surprises and some disappointments.  Overall, a great experience and it has really helped me connect to eating more balanced, regular meals.  At this point, I'm not feeling drawn to doing another Whole30 (I miss my social stuff).  But I do want to continue with what I've learned.  I bet I'll be back at some point for another 30 ... or 14 ...or 7, etc. as old habits sneak up on me.

Jalopy ... I'm sure I'll pop in to reading the forums ... have a great Whole30!  It's been really nice to share it with you all on this thread. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Elaine-O and WholeChristina on completing your whole30! Yay! :) So, today must be Day30 for the rest that originally started December 29.....congratulations to you all too! Would love to hear results and reintroduction plans or dare I say it...who might continue a bit further? Thanks to everyone for the support. Day 33 for me and good news is I actually forgot which day it was...starting to make a habit. ;)

Day 32 is just about over... not that I am keeping track of it so much now.  For the 30 days, I lost just over 6 pounds, and inches everywhere... more on the boobs, less on the hips...sigh!  I am saving my fall from grace for the Super Bowl party this weekend, (not a fall, a swan dive!) so I won't have the chance to slowly re-introduce foods to see how my body reacts to all the foods we've so carefully weaned ourselves off. I don't know how I'm going to give myself any insight being so gluttonous all at once but I guess I'll save the lessons for the next Whole 30.

Congratulations to everyone for undertaking this journey, it has been fun sharing the last 30+ days with you!

I have been so busy I haven't had time to post. Over the last two weeks I have had to travel for work twice and it was difficult to say the least to stay on plan. Ordering at a restaurant with my husband is different than ordering with co-workers or my boss for that matter. I am proud of how well I did and the preparations I made to do so. ie bringing hard boiled eggs on my trip and finding a grocery store close to my hotel to get raw veggies, an avocado and lunch meat for meals. I even bought a salad to eat on the plane so wasn't temped to eat in the airport.

So I am counting tomorrow as my last day. I will weigh and post results. I have mixed feelings about reintroduction or continuing. I'm am nervous about adding anything back in. I don't really having cravings, it's more the memory of the food I miss I think. I wonder if I have a latte if it will even taste good anymore. I am still thinking about next steps.

Congratulations to everyone on their journey! Whether you made it all 30 days or not I am sure we all learned so much and have crated some healthy habits. Thank you to each of you for your support also!

Today is day 31 for me.  I weighed this morning and lost 18 pounds.   :) Thankful for that!  So far today I have eaten all the same things I've been eating for the past month.  A few of the things I've missed/wanted most of the past few weeks....chewing gum, honey and milk in my tea, popcorn, dark chocolate.  This whole30 has not eliminated the joint pain in my knee like the previous ones have.  It is better but not gone completely so I plan to continue on with only the occasional treat.  

I have enjoyed following the comments here and have been encouraged by all of you!  

Cattailmama - 18 lbs!!!  Wow!!  That's really fantastic  :)

Dfwrecruiter - I can't image traveling and doing a Whole30.  Good for you for managing that challenge!  I didn't even feel confident in going out to eat ... well done to you!

Yesterday was my first "after" day.  I wondered what me mind would tell me I wanted now that I have all my choices back on the plate.  Stayed on plan, no big urge to eat any differently.  Being at work kind of makes it easier.  

That said, I did some baking last night for a party tonight.  Hubby asked me to make him a treat too.  Night time is hard to resist (cookie batter!!) but I did.  Decided I should avoid sudden urge eating at night.  I know Whole30 suggests not to plan a cheat, but if I go with the moment, I will be misguided at times like cookie dough!  If I plan a possible cheat, then I feel more in control.  If I want to I will, if I don't I won't.  Then it doesn't feel frantic and I will have time to "think" it out (which is the approach I used for the 80's party on day 27 ... worked for me that night)

Won't plan any cheat tonight.  The menu has plenty for me (since I made it  ;) ) and I don't want to drink yet.  I will be off my template dinner though.  More grazing through the evening than a regular meal.  I actually found template 3 meal eating the most challenging part of Whole30.  On days I work, I'm awake so long ... 4 meals would be better.  On days I'm home, 2 meals feels enough (with my workout snack).

We might be going out to dinner this weekend.  That will be a possible off plan meal ... I'll decide when it happens.  I need to "ride my bike" a little.  Super bowl won't be a problem.  We are keeping it very low key relaxing and I'll be doing the cooking.  Have some new munchie recipes ready to try.

Guess a lasting addiction is these forums!  I get so many new ideas, inspirations and motivation from everyone!  

Have a good day!

Today is day 31 for me.  I weighed this morning and lost 18 pounds.   :) Thankful for that!  So far today I have eaten all the same things I've been eating for the past month.  A few of the things I've missed/wanted most of the past few weeks....chewing gum, honey and milk in my tea, popcorn, dark chocolate.  This whole30 has not eliminated the joint pain in my knee like the previous ones have.  It is better but not gone completely so I plan to continue on with only the occasional treat.  

I have enjoyed following the comments here and have been encouraged by all of you!

18 pounds is amazing!!!! Great job and congratulations!

Archived