Starting on Monday, Dec 29th

Jalopy

Christine19, I do eat fish. Hubby's allergic to shellfish so I don't cook it at home but I'll check out the health food store for frozen fish. Our other local stores only have farmed fish - gross.

Today was my best day so far. My energy was up there and my mood was great! But my pants are snug! What's up with that? Anybody else?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that around these days (8-11 maybe?) our stomachs are adjusting and bloating, constipation, diarrhea are normal. I've been bloated for two days but I heard not to get discouraged so I'm hanging in there. Should resolve within the week according to It Starts With Food.

That meatball recipe sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it! Day 10 here, had a few rough days, now my sinuses are clogged andvrinning, and I feel so run down....hope it's the whole39, and bot a sinus infection....I hate those! Had a few cravings for chocolate but distracted myself long enough, and they went away.

Good bye to day 10!

Hard day for me.  I must need to up my starchy veggies.  Very low energy in morning, foggy head ... actually walked into door frames at work a couple of times.  Started feeling that racing-heart feeling (like when I have caffeine).  Ate an early lunch and added a serving of fruit.  It helped a little.

Looking forward to seeing the energy boost (gosh I hope!!!) sooner than later!

Good news is I'm still in the game ... no thoughts of quitting during this day 10/11 stage :-)

Feel better Amandayla!  Lot of recommendations for bone broth when you don't feel well.  I haven't made it yet, but a friend says it's really good. 

They should call day 13 'tapeworm day' OMG I was starving this afternoon and had a big salad for lunch with all sorts of protein but I guess shrimp is not 'beefy' enough! Yes the energy keeps getting better every day now and trust me the tight pants thing goes away. The half way point is magic time I can feel it! Rock on everyone!!!!! :)

They should call day 13 'tapeworm day' OMG I was starving this afternoon and had a big salad for lunch with all sorts of protein but I guess shrimp is not 'beefy' enough! Yes the energy keeps getting better every day now and trust me the tight pants thing goes away. The half way point is magic time I can feel it! Rock on everyone!!!!! :)

Oh that's such good news for you (and makes me hopeful for me too!).  I really need to have some energy back!!  Glad it is going so well for you :-)

Just finished up day 12 here and I am finding it hard not to snack still. My morning snacks are okay but I'm finding it tough sometimes between lunch and dinner. Because my schedule is all over the place some days I am more hungry than others but I am finding my meals are making me really full but I am only staying satiated for maybe 4 hours - which is good but sometimes I need longer!

I need to come up with some more compliant mini meal ideas 

Off the top of my head:

- egg, chicken, tuna or salmon salad made with homemade mayo with a sweet potato on the side

- hard boiled egg with sliced peppers (the egg yolk counts as fat)

- compliant prosciutto with cucumber and olives

- sardines, sauerkraut and sliced avocado

- smoked salmon, wilted spinach with compliant dressing and/or walnuts

Day 11 done.

Spent the afternoon in the kitchen.  

Crockpot meatballs  - very good (different than the usual, but passed the family pickiness).  More flavor than I expected.

Zucchini ginger soup - super easy to make!

Spicy tuna cakes - love them!!!  So easy, so much flavor  ... and a quick grab for any meal.

Restaurant style salsa - also easy.  Turned out surprisingly spicy (yum) ... makes a ton AND it freezes!!

Went to the movies later.  No temptation for popcorn or candy ... whew.   It was a good way to spend the evening without centering on food.  Came home to meatballs waiting for dinner!

Had a momentary wish for some of the sweet goodies I made today (promised my son for his trip back to college tomorrow) ... but it passed pretty easily.

Still waiting on my energy!!!  Maybe tomorrow ... 

Have a good night all.

Got my order of Pre-made Paleo food today so finally didn't have to cook - just put it in boiling water while I worked out! I had chipotle shredded pork with sliced sweet potatoes and kale....yummy. And tomorrow I will have a pork sausage skillet for breakfast - I've had before and they are tasty. Tomorrow is my half-time ---> day 15....feels much longer with all this focus and effort. Need to get some sleep this weekend, I've not slept more than 6.25 hours any day this week.

SWYPO is "sex with your pants on".  It is using compliant ingredients to make things like pancakes, muffins, cookies, etc.  Recreating junk food with paleo ingredients.   http://whole30.com/2011/10/sex-with-your-pants-on.  

On the other hand, "food with no brakes" are less healthy foods that you just can't seem to stop eating.  Compliant jerky falls into this category for me.  For some it's dried fruit, grapes, coconut butter...  

Ann - good to see you on this thread.  

When I was "wandering" around the forums, I stumbled on your logs (thanks to the links below your post!).  I enjoyed reading them and enjoy following along.  You seem to "speak my language" with your thoughts and it helps to see someone else in action!

Have a good Whole30 :-)

C-ya Day 12!

I felt a bit better today (energy wise).  Maybe this is the turning point ... please, please, please ... I hope!!!

Work-out was slow and hard at first, but picked up a lot this time.  I seem to be in a happy mood too :-)  (although I'm enjoying a few days off work - that always makes me happy!)

Have to say ... food today was AWESOME!!  Best meals I've had so far!  Glad I spent time cooking the new recipes - makes it easy and interesting.

Onto lucky day 13 ...

Careful...many type of smoked salmon are made with sugar!  Also,think of apples/bananas with almond butter[]

Good point on the smoked salmon.

While bananas, apples and almond butter are compliant, for best results, the recommended snack is a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30. Limit your fruit to have with or immediately after your main meals only.

Archived