Starting on Monday, Dec 29th

Jalopy

Made it through day 15 and not sure what's going on but yesterday I didn't feel so good. At night I had that stressed out feeling and was totally exhausted. Slept almost 10 hours but not feeling peppy. Not working today so will take it easy and make sure I'm drinking a lot of water. No tiger blood yet.....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My day 14 was like your day 15, Christine.  My day 15 was much better, so hopefully your day 16 will be much better, too!   Although, this process apparently isn't a straight line - last night (after a good day 16) I didn't sleep well at all.  In fact, I caved in and took half an ambien in the wee hours.  (I hope the occasional ambien isn't disrupting this whole process...)  I woke today with a little tiny headache. :(  I'm going out for breakfast in an hour or so with my daughter and niece, so I'm having bulletproof coffee to tide me over and hopefully nip the headache in the bud. 

Day 13. 

Cooked Nom Nom crockpot chicken with gravy tonight.  It was so good AND there's lots of gravy left for chicken this week!!  So tender and juicy ... perfect for this cold night.  

Can't believe 2nd week is almost over.  I've adjusted to the cooking, cravings are minimal, don't miss cheese/wine (unbelievable), don't have interest in snacking (never happens ever!!) and energy seems to be picking up (a little).  Lots of good stuff ... hope it continues!  One odd "craving" I have is to weigh myself.  Almost caved today ... but I decided to follow all the rules ... trust the process.  I have to talk myself off the scale every morning!

Still a bit worried I won't feel the fabulous energy boost that so many experience.  I seem to be lagging in that progress.  But every night I go to bed hoping tomorrow will be the day ... 

Have a good night :-)

SWYPO?

http://whole30.com/2011/10/sex-with-your-pants-on/

Day 15 here and feeling much lighter/clothes are looser. HOWEVER I am so exhausted today. I'm getting my period which I think is contributing but all I wanna do is lie around the house right now. Forcing myself to go to the gym and do a strength session though as I'm starting night shift tonight and exercise makes it so much easier to deal with.

NazzaB - same here! Basically I slept through Day 16 yesterday. Between nighttime and 2 naps I've slept 24 hours since Friday night. No workout yesterday either - true day of rest. Feel much better today so far. Need to get to the supermarket as I need to restock the fridge. Jalopy - I still have congestion that made a comeback end of last week. Headaches came back too but after the marathon sleep none today. Trying to keep in mind that I spent way more than 2 weeks eating and drinking not-so-healthy stuff.....it's going to take more than two weeks to fix everything....of course I'm taking it day by day but with just the back half of whole30 to go, I'm thinking already I will extend it to 45 or 60 days. Hang in there everyone and don't beat yourself up over the timeline - clearly we are all individually special in our whole30 journey! :D

My day 14 was like your day 15, Christine.  My day 15 was much better, so hopefully your day 16 will be much better, too!   Although, this process apparently isn't a straight line - last night (after a good day 16) I didn't sleep well at all.  In fact, I caved in and took half an ambien in the wee hours.  (I hope the occasional ambien isn't disrupting this whole process...)  I woke today with a little tiny headache. :(  I'm going out for breakfast in an hour or so with my daughter and niece, so I'm having bulletproof coffee to tide me over and hopefully nip the headache in the bud.

Ann - I saw a picture of your bulletproof coffee on your blog - looks delish! What's the creamy latte-looking stuff? Coconut milk?

It is coconut oil and ghee, whirred up in a blender with a cup of coffee. Makes it nice and creamy, frothy on top. I fear it may be replacing some of my chewable food though, and maybe falls into the SWYPO category for me (replacing coffee with cream or a latte). But yes, it is delicious.

Here's the recipe for the meatballs.  Sounds easy ... my kind of cooking.

Paleo Crockpot Meatballs Author/Source: 

http://onceamonthmeals.com/paleo-crockpot-meatballs/

WholeChristina -----> Meatballs out of the oven and in the slow cooker! Spaghetti squash now in oven. Smells incredible already...can't wait for dinner!

WholeChristina -----> Meatballs out of the oven and in the slow cooker! Spaghetti squash now in oven. Smells incredible already...can't wait for dinner!

They are so good!  I was hesitant at first ... didn't seem like they had much flavor, but by the time they slow cooked ... perfect.  Had it over spaghetti squash too!  Have a good dinner!

Week 2 finished and still plugging along!  

Wasn't hungry for dinner tonight, but ate anyway.  I go to bed stupidly early before a work day (I have to get up at 3:30am) and wanted some time between dinner and bed (to digest!).  I was worried if I didn't eat, I'd have problems tomorrow.  Now I feel kind of full and blah.

Looking forward to this week.  I have a stock pile of food in freezer so I think I'll take a break from cooking.  Have plans with friends to do massage/coffee and a movie.  Everyone has been understanding about staying away from food related outings and I'm grateful.  Only have a couple more weeks and I'm planning to avoid eating out until I'm in reintroduction phase.

Hope you all had a good day :-)

End of day 14, sounds like most of us are doing ok....my energy is still non existent but my sinuses are less congested so I'm hoping my energy starts to go up. Made cream of broccoli soup, kaula pig, baked sweet potatoes and chicken salad with apples and walnuts. Hope everyone has a great week 3! Half way there!

I love bullet proof coffee! It's so good it makes it really easy to cut back to one cup a day. I felt awesome today! ( head congestion is still here but it's been like this for four months so it's no biggie) I ate breakfast at 10:00 and then totally forgot to eat lunch and didn't realize this until I was making dinner at 6:00. No hunger and my stomach feels smaller. Dinner at 6:45 and tea now so won't be eating enough today. I'm going to an EMT next week. I really don't think my diet has anything to do with my congestion.

See Jalopy - I think the BP coffee can be a bad thing. We shouldn't be skipping meals. I had to make myself eat dinner last night bc I wasn't hungry. Maybe it's too much fat to have with one meal? I backed way off on the fat in my coffee this morning (1 tsp of ea instead of 1T), and I was hungry again at an appropriate time.

Start of day 17 for me, and hmmm, how AM I feeling?  I am four days into my five day business/pleasure trip to Arizona, so haven't slept in my own bed for several nights, so I might not be in the best position to judge.  I can say that while might not be eating as many vegetables as I would if I were home, I have found it relatively easy top have restaurants accommodate my specific requests.  The Marriott was particularly helpful using coconut oil (!) for my breakfast scrambles and modifying their dinner menu.  Told one of my friends about Whole 30, it seemed to pique her interest. :)

Bulletproof coffee currently: 1 tsp ghee 1-2 tbsp coconut milk 1 cup coffee. I blend it in the cup with my itsy-bitsy cordless whisk. When not on whole30, I add vanilla. When I'm lazy, I skip the ghee. Sometimes, it's just coconut oil but no coconut milk. Now that I think about it, on most days it's quite far removed from the original bullet proof.

HALF-WAY!!!  Day 15.

Energy is definitely picking up during the day ... I'm back to my normal levels.  Still struggling with the workouts ... feels a lot harder with less results.  STILL hoping this is the climb to tiger blood!   Brain fog is gone too.  Last week had some scary brain moments :-)

Sleep fine (I usually do) but seem to dream a lot lately.  Not nightmares, but not feel-good either.  Sometimes it feels mentally tiring!  I love when I have a food dream though!

Plan to eat my freezer stash this week, but Well Fed came in the mail today.  I might have to try something new!  

Work had a lot of food temptations today (candy, cake, cookies).  I struggled a bit since I ended up having a really late lunch and was crazy hungry.  As soon as I ate, the temptation left (thank goodness!).  I've learned I always need more food than I think on work days.

Day 18 is done and dare I say it..... Tiger Blood is finally here!!!!! Stayed up late to watch the Golden Globes and bounded out of bed at 5am after less than 6 hours of sleep. Forced myself to eat breakfast and lunch wasn't really hungry until dinner. Came home and boxed then ate leftover crockpot meatballs! I hope this lasts! WholeChristina - I'm having dreams too but not about food ---- old ex-boyfriends and ex-bosses ( two completely different things as no one man has fallen into both categories!) so very odd but better than dreaming about food I guess ;)

I'm officially half way! The exhaustion has been significant over the last week but makes sense with the timeline. Starting to letup, more energy, more workouts and still good food. Less hungry some days.

Made some ground lamb meatballs and my own tzazkki cucumber sauce with my homemade mayo. Great Greek salad. Also lots of leftovers from kalua pork on top of broccoli slaw. And great chili lime chicken wings (nom nom) for football Sunday. Found an interesting recipie for a savory egg crepe type item. The recipie actually calls it a Spanish tortilla. I made it with blackberries. It was something different for my meal 1. Here is the link.

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/06/20/sweet-and-savory-blueberry-tortilla/

I also found a recipie for banana porridge that I want to try.

http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/04/banana-nut-porridge/

So the big thing today was a Starbucks latte sitting on my desk when I arrived at work today. Nice guy at the office that picked up my regular drink. It sat there and smelled it for about 20 minutes before I poured it out. Broke my heart but I want to make it all the way!

Glad to see so many of us on track and sticking to the program. Have a great week!

After all the raving about chocolate chilli I decided to give it a try. I must have had some really powerful powdered chilli because it was sooo hot. I have added an extra kilogram of beef and some coconut cream and can now eat it without feeling like my mouth is on fire.

My bullet proof coffee is really basic just 1-2 tablespoons of coconut cream and stir. It tastes pretty special and it's become my go to drink first thing in the morning. 

I started on the 27th and I am really pleased that I have day 18 nearly done.  My daughters birthday coming next week so that is my next big challenge.

Well done everyone I really have been enjoying reading all your posts. Stick with it.

Day 16 finally over!

I've been patting myself on the back about no cravings ... then today happened.  OMG ... worst craving day yet.  I woke up thinking about cupcakes and have not stopped.  

Stayed on track ... but it was a challenge.

No work today.  Not feeling well either (feels like a cold AGAIN!).  Rainy, foggy, dreary day.  So after my workout I plopped on the sofa and (aside from some desk chores) stayed put all day.  

I re-read the timeline and it did mention this time can bring up cravings again.  Didn't have them in the beginning ... ugh, why now?!?!

Hope it's a short phase ...

Day 19 and everyone will be joining me in Tiger Blood zone very soon - I can feel it! Not much sleep, no hunger pangs or cravings and tons of energy! Would actually like to wind down faster to get more than 5 1/2 hours of sleep this week. Dfwrecruiter- so proud u ditched the coffee. I was sharing an office with someone who had Dunkin donuts French vanilla coffee and I tell u the whole room smelled like pancakes! And my sense of smell has definitely improved which is I guess is an added bonus. I also put a fresh one of those plugin air fresheners in my bathroom and after 1/2 a day I had to rip it out of the wall cause I could smell it thru the whole house and it made me crazy! Keep on going everyone to the zone --- Tiger Blood will be yours any day now! :D

Congrats to all of you fighting temptations and sticking with it! Some days are worse than others for myself. I was doing fine, and then today, all I wanted was toast with butter and jelly...grrr, but the feeling has passed, and I'm excited to see when this tiger blood thing will happen! I'm glad to see a few of us are getting it, I just hope mine happens soon! ;)

Archived