Mustard

cmyates

In looking at the "pantry stocking" list, I noticed that mustard could be allowed.

I have mustard and here are the ingredients from the food label:  Distilled Vinegar, Water, #1 Gard Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice, Natural Flavors and Garlic Powder.

The "Spice" and "Natural Flavors" has me concerned, but it doesn't list added sugar or sulfites. 

So is this permitted??

I don't know if I can post my comment here as it isn't a follow up comment, just a question about mustard and igredients, at least it's the same topic ;) 

I live in Sweden and don't really feel to order stuff from US right now, and we have two good brands of dijon mustard (they are very clean). Both contain vinegar though, and I´m not really sure about this, is it ok or not? I mean, isn't it made from wine? Or which kinds of vinegar are ok?

And one of the brands make their mustard seeds in vinegar and wine...the other one also says it "may contain sulfites". Are they both out then?

I don't know if I can post my comment here as it isn't a follow up comment, just a question about mustard and igredients, at least it's the same topic ;)

I live in Sweden and don't really feel to order stuff from US right now, and we have two good brands of dijon mustard (they are very clean). Both contain vinegar though, and I´m not really sure about this, is it ok or not? I mean, isn't it made from wine? Or which kinds of vinegar are ok?

And one of the brands make their mustard seeds in vinegar and wine...the other one also says it "may contain sulfites". Are they both out then?

Per the program rules:

Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program. The only exceptions are vinegars with added sugar, or malt vinegar, which generally contains gluten. - See more at: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/#sthash.6ELizFK6.dpuf

Archived