Just found out

Anthony Della Rosa

Yea the article helped but now I am concerned over something else that might have slipped by. What if when dinning out I was notified about a non compliant ingredient or if a friend served you something you thought was compliant but they made a mistake. I'm frustrated right now cause I was very dogmatic in this approach. And now I am thinking I had some sausage last week that I bought from a different farm and maybe it had sugar too

• Moderators

In general, accidental ingestion of sugar doesn't require a restart. If that's the only ingredient you're worried about, and you did your due diligence in trying to make sure everything was okay, it's probably fine to keep going. 

The reason that dairy or soy requires a restart is that the Whole30 is designed as an elimination diet to help determine food sensitivities. You must go at least 30 days straight without possible irritants before reintroducing them to make sure they are completely out of your system so that when you do reintroduce them, you can tell whether you have a reaction.

Some people find it helpful to think of it as extending their Whole30 for a certain number of days, rather than starting over at day 1.

well I decided not to eat the vegetables with bacon seeing that i know it has sugar in it. As for the sausage I am going to assume it did but because there is no way to know for sure I will stay on track. I look at it this way I had three goals when I started this.

• drop dairy - and so far I have. i knew coffee would be the hardest and I am adjusting
  • cut out as much sugar as possible - and I have resisted all cravings
  • lose some weight - i know that this might not happen like i want it too, but i am not giving up

I also have been thinking about keeping this up past the 30 days cause I like the way i feel and the way I eat

Archived