Help!!! I have to go to Panera for lunch

I have to meet with a client for lunch and they want to go to Panera Bread.  After looking at the website I think I can only have a classic salad w/o dressing and an unsweatened iced tea.  While this will help me get my leafy greens, it definitely will not hold me until dinner since there is no protein.  

Does anyone know how they cook their protein?  I need to find some compliant options ASAP!

Thanks!!!

Hi Lizziem,

I have been to Panera several times in the past, before whole 30,  and brought my own protein, avocado and dressing to put on a classic salad. If you go to the website and click on the salad, it tells you what is in it.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Panera Bread has a secret menu. I'm not sure if this is at every location but it is on the Panera Bread website.

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/articles/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu.html

This menu has been discussed a lot on this forum. You have to dig around but many of the ingredients are still off plan. This menu is meant to be low carb but not much else.

Thanks Physibeth. I just checked out the main web site and it is listed in the printable menu at the bottom of the screen.  It's called Power Menu. I am actually going to Panera this weekend with my sister. I will check it out. I plan to call first in case they don't have it so I can bring my own protein and dressing. It is great to know this is here!

• 1 month later...

What about the Steak wraps with no pesto? I am in the same boat for tomorrow...

Another option would be the greek salad, no feta or dressing; add cucumbers and extra olives, olive oil and lemon on the side. then add your own protein.

What about the Steak wraps with no pesto? I am in the same boat for tomorrow...

Another option would be the greek salad, no feta or dressing; add cucumbers and extra olives, olive oil and lemon on the side. then add your own protein.

On the steak wraps no pesto, confirm no wheat starch. 

On the greek salad, you'd also need to drop the pepperoncini, as they contain sulfites. It's really not even a greek salad at that point ...

Archived