Why Am I Hungry?

MyssLyss

I am on Day 8 of my 2nd Whole30. During my first Whole30 I was never hungry between meals, except after a workout. This time around I am finding myself hungry between meals. What can I do to curb this? 

My usual meals:

Breakfast - 6 slices organic deli meat (I've checked all of the ingredients and they are fine), 1/2 a cucumber, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts 

Lunch - GIANT (I use a mixing bowl) tossed salad with multiple vegetables, sometimes I add walnuts, and either turkey or chicken on top with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. OR, leftovers from dinner the night before

Dinner - 6oz fish, sweet potato, rest of plate with veggies OR a large portion of some recipe I found online (i.e. PaleOMG's buffalo chicken pasta" 

My hunger usually falls between breakfast to lunch and lunch to dinner. Should I add more protein or fat? Help!

• Administrators

I am on Day 8 of my 2nd Whole30. During my first Whole30 I was never hungry between meals, except after a workout. This time around I am finding myself hungry between meals. What can I do to curb this? 

My usual meals:

Breakfast - 6 slices organic deli mean (I've checked all of the ingredients and they are fine), 1/2 a cucumber, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts 

Lunch - GIANT (I use a mixing bowl) tossed salad with multiple vegetables, sometimes I add walnuts, and either turkey or chicken on top with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. OR, leftovers from dinner the night before

Dinner - 6oz fish, sweet potato, rest of plate with veggies OR a large portion of some recipe I found online (i.e. PaleOMG's buffalo chicken pasta" 

My hunger usually falls between breakfast to lunch and lunch to dinner. Should I add more protein or fat? Help!

A protein serving is palm sized including thickness.  My guess is your palm is thicker than 6 slices of deli meat?  With your salad you might try adding other bulky veggies like some beets or sweet potato and make sure again that your protein is at least one palm.

You can (and should) continually tweak your own personal template sizes until you get to where you are not hungry between meals.  More fat, more protein, more veggies.  Because you are continually self assessing, you might find that you have increased hunger surrounding your period in which case we recommend that you eat more.  You don't need to be hungry on Whole30, eat!

Add some more veggies at breakfast too: aim for 1-3 cups per meal.   Not sure how much of your lunch salad is raw greens, but those will fill you up initially, and tend to not satiate for more than a couple hours. Consider adding a cooked veg to your lunch.

Archived