Never craved it before

Its not a good day. I'm going crazy over a ridiculous sugar craving! I have never, in my whole life, desired to eat as much candy as I am today! I grew up without it because my mom was a sugar Nazi and even as a grown up I don't eat candy like the average person does. No snickers here and there for me, no cookies, no cakes and pies. Sugary sweets are not my thing. Today however, I want it all!

I went through the grocery store just fine then come time to check out all the sweet treats are at the register and around the lines and damn the man, all I could think while waiting my turn is: "Ohh! I want that chocolate covered popcorn. Ohh! I want m&m's! No! I want that Payday down there -oh shit there's a Heath bar!"

Are you serious?!?! I have cut out ALL sugar as per the whole30 plan, even stopped using seasoning salt because low and behold there's effin' sugar in it!! Sugar is everywhere and today...today...I want to be there too. I've been on plan and never had a craving for rotten foods for 60+ days and now it hits me? UGH! What the hell? I haven't had bacon in MONTHS and I want bacon...but have yet to find a brand in Colorado that doesn't use sugar. I need support and I also need someone to tell me which brands of bacon don't have sugar on the ingredient list...(and obviously minus all the things I can't pronounce). I will get through this day but I need help and prayer that it doesn't happen tomorrow too. Lame Lame Lame Day!

I want candy, no a cinnamon roll, no ice cream, waaaaaaaaaah!

• Administrators

Holy Sugary Cravings, Batman!

You might want to increase your starchy veggies (Carbs!), often severe sugar cravings are due to having eaten too low carb for awhile. It can also be a request from your body for simply more food if you've had a few days where you haven't been eating enough.

Are you approaching your period by any chance? That can trigger a higher need for carbohydrates and nutrition in general and can manifest as junk food cravings if you're too low.

You can try posting a few days worth of your intake lately and we can go over it and see if anything stands out.  Other than that I would say throw a sweet potato or two in the oven and eat up!

Archived