2 days left and very confused! don't know if I'm ready yet!! HELP

Anna2264

Today is day 28 for me only 2 days left and i dont know exactly what to do! i m worried because it has been really hard but i i have also enjoyed it, the food i am eating is great and i love it, i feel happy and nourished after my meals and i am very proud to have come this far. That being said i still crave things i can still smell the goodness of some foods i'm not really suppose to be eating and that aren't really good for me, like some peanut butter on my apple or toast for that matter, i don't really ate that much peanut butter and to be honest its not even something i have missed over these days but for some reason the idea of not being able to have it makes it super hard i still feel that i am fighting myself or in this case my brain not to eat some things! they aren't really things like lets say a burger because i absolutely love my burgers now with their sweet potato buns, no I'm craving specific things, burgers from a specific restaurant, tamales ( i live in central america and those are fantastic they are made with corn flour i eat the with this sweet bread) or I'm dying for a gelato not any gelato but my favorite one from my favourite gelato place! i have been able to say no to those thing and so i can't understand what it means or  why this is happening? why i keep getting this super specific cravings when i have 2 days left!! There is a part of me that wants it to be over so i can have a little more freedom over my food choices and not necessarily the bad ones because i still want to keep eating this way but maybe not 100% of the time and so strict, but i mean  could it be that i just haven't gotten out of this not so healthy relationship with food? What if i finish my whole30 and even if i just give in to that specific burger or gelato on one occasion would that make me trip and fall would that ruin this 30 days i have done good to my body? and what if my body just hasn't made that change and that magic is still not here and the hormones are not balanced and i have to start from 0 when i could've just kept going? my husband is also doing the whole30 with me , and he's more confident or appears to be, saying that if i gets that one burger he ll be able to get back on track and keep it up but for starters i don't know if thats what the whole30 is about and secondly what if he can do it but i can't? or what if i can just have that one meal and go back but is that going to bring my old habits back? OMG this is even harder than starting the program!! is this normal?! to have all this doubts anxiaty and fears! Pretty much freaking out here but I'm guessing i made that pretty clear by now :s so sorry! 

I would make out a plan for how you are going to do the first 30 days of post-W30. Planning helps me get rid of that fear and anxiety. Maybe week 1 have gelato twice and see how you feel. Maybe week 2 have peanut butter in certain amounts. Otherwise stick to w30 so you don't feel that strong urge to have those things.

I would make out a plan for how you are going to do the first 30 days of post-W30. Planning helps me get rid of that fear and anxiety. Maybe week 1 have gelato twice and see how you feel. Maybe week 2 have peanut butter in certain amounts. Otherwise stick to w30 so you don't feel that strong urge to have those things.

That sounds like a really good idea actually!! i could definitely do that! thank you!!

Well, the good news is it's only a Whole30 not a WholeLife.  In theory you might choose to take some of the habits with you going forward.  But, the reintro phase is an important part of the program.  It takes 10 days to do it right, since you introduce some of the non-compliant foods on individual days, separated by days where you're back to 100% W30.

In this case you'd add peanut butter (legumes) back in on one day, but only on the apple, not toast, since toast (gluten) will get reintro'd on a separate day all by itself.

If you reintro an item and get a gurgly stomach, or feel like your blood is racing, or have a weird mood, or have trouble sleeping, or get itchy skin, or anything, you'll know you've had a reaction to that specific food group.

At that point, you have to decide how important that food is in your life.  Now, since W30 had you cut it out for a time, you *know* that that food doesn't agree with your body.  If you choose to add it back to your diet, you'll be doing so *consciously* and if you feel any guilt it won't be guilt for breaking W30 rules, but it will be guilt for feeding your body something that you know is not ideal.

And this is the same with all of our guilty pleasures even before completing a W30.  I don't think anyone thinks M&Ms are healthy.  But stuff can be sneaky.  Without knowing for sure, it's so easy to allow all things, waving off concerns with the thought of "everything in moderation" ... but with the elimination/reintro of W30, we can see, "oops, guess what, I *shouldn't* have XYZ, even in moderation!"  That realization can be super powerful.

First of all - relax - you sound really anxious, stressed and uptight.  This is all supposed to be a learning process on what works with your body and against it.

You have two choices at this point - slow roll your re-intros - meaning - eat whole 30 style until you come to a place where you want to try something like tamales or gelato.  The try one or the other - not both at the same time.  If you do that you will not know if one or the other bothers you.

Or you can do an organized and monitored re-intro where you try legumes (peanut butter) on one day - eat 2 days whole 30, monitor how your feel, mood etc.  Then continue with your next item.

As an aside - for me when I start craving peanut butter, or bacon, or cheese my body is telling me I am not consuming enough fat or calories.  That could be your case as well.  So try to increase your fat and add a starchy vegetable to your next meal.

i guess i did let it get to me for a second there! thank you all for your replies and advice! i think ill stop thinking about it and just keep it up with the program! You guys reminded me that its not only a 30 day thing, its a process and the next step after these 30 days is the reintroduction phase, ill definitely do that and i have absolutely no problem doing it the way it is recommend on Its starts with food, since i am guessing it is that way for a pretty good reason! :) 

Archived