Egg Haters

JenCarbaugh

I really hate eggs, but acknowledge the nutritional benefits. I also understand that the goal is not to try to recreate old favorites with new ingredients.  In an effort, however to disguise Meal 1 eggs, I blended 2 with a small steamed yam and used the resulting puree to make pancakes which I then spread with raw almond butter.  I just wanted to check and see if something like that would be an acceptable meal... ? Any pros want to weigh in? 

• Administrators

Nope, totally off plan, sorry!  Scroll down to "Pancakes" in this article for further explanation: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

There are a zillion egg free breakfast ideas that you can make, google "Whole30 no egg breakfast" for ideas.  Leftovers is a popular choice.  And don't worry about the nutrients in eggs being "required".  If you eat a varied diet with plenty of protein, veggies and fat, you can live quite awesomely on no eggs.

Ditch the pancakes, sorry.

Don't worry about missing eggs.  I felt the same way about avocados.  I felt that I should *try* to like them.  I mean they are considered a "superfood" for goodness sake.  But I do not like them (taste, texture etc.) and my body doesn't like them either (bloated, gassy, food baby stomach).  So yes, just because you think you should eat eggs or include them in somewhere doesn't mean you have to.

There are many different ways to have breakfast.

• 1 month later...

I *hate* eggs as well.  Yesterday I made a breakfast with a can of pumpkin, 4 eggs, and 1/2 can of coconut milk.  I added some cinnamon and baked at 350 for 45 minutes.  I added crushed pecans on top.  It's not bad.

I've also done browned ground pork with mashed sweet potatoes for breakfast.

Archived