Help, I need travel snacks without almonds in them!

Boominkouman

Hi!

I am 4 days into my first whole30 and things are going pretty well.  I am a professional dancer and have to travel for a performance in a couple of weeks and the thought of what i'm going to eat is stressing me out.  I was hoping to get some RX bars or something of that nature to bring with me for snacks while at the theater.  Unfortunately all of the bars I have seen (like ever) have almonds in them and I'm allergic to almonds.

Does anyone know of a bar that does not have almonds, or have any other suggestions for snacks for a 2 day trip to a place where I can't bring chicken and veggies?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Moderators

EPIC bars are your best choice. The lamb and the turkey type are compliant. I don't think they contain any nuts, but as always, check your labels.

You should still do your best to eat three meals a day and save snacks for emergency situations.

Canned salmon, tuna or wild sardines need no refrigeration. Pack a fork!

Good luck!

Can you bring a cooler or insulated lunchbag? If so, that opens up a lot of possibilities - hard boiled eggs, for example. Depending on the circumstances, you could also bring compliant tuna, cut up vegetables, salad greens plus oil and vinegar, etc. There's a lot that doesn't necessarily need to be refrigerated for several hours.

Agree on the Epic bars though - that's my go-to option for prepackaged portable emergency food.

Awesome ideas!  You would think I've never eaten before the way I've been bumbling around with the Whole30 so far!

I could bring a cooler to leave in the hotel room I suppose.  The problem is that theaters frown upon food being in the facility usually.  Also, I will have limited time to chow in between dress rehearsals and shows.  I think the bars, canned fishes will get me through the second day.  I'll try to pack some fresh stuff for the first day.  I'll hunt for restaurants in the area that might have options too.

Thanks for the help!  I think i can do this. :)

• Moderators

I would also recommend that you try out whatever food you plan to bring ahead of time. Personally, RXbars give me gas, and that could be especially terrible during rehearsals and shows. 

Merde!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived