What to do with small bits leftover?

cinagain

Not sure if that title was right or now. LOL  But I have a small amount of pork tenderloin, baked chicken, a small piece of sirloin, and a small piece of sockeye salmon...none of which are large enough by themselves and I don't really want to eat 2 or 3 at a time.  So I'm trying to think of some kind of recipe that will let me combine at least a couple of them.  Something like a meat pie or?  Any ideas?

I thought about using some of the meat with eggs for M1, but I love, love, love my compliant sausage, so the eggs don't really need another meat.

• Administrators

I personally would throw all of that in a frying pan with some fat, some chopped up green beans, some thinly sliced potato or carrot and a more generic seasoning like S&P, garlic, ginger. Sautee and serve yourself for dinner.  Top with an egg if you like.

I'll keep those suggestions in mind!  I have food planned for today...tuna salad with my homemade mayo (can I just say how much I love this stuff?   My son likes it, too...we no longer buy it), boiled eggs, pickles, onion and throwing in some water chestnuts (like the crunch).  For dinner, I'm thinking about making some sweet potato soup..maybe I'll use the random meats to go with that.

I'm not used to having so many choices in the fridge!  LOL  There's chicken in the crock pot right now, some beef tenderloin that hasn't even been opened (it can wet age for 30 days so that will wait a while still), I have meatballs, leftover stir-fry with local ground beef (and I bought coconut aminos!  I like them.).

My fridge is running out of room...

I wonder what they'd taste like with the sweet potato?  Hmm, I've made the tuna salad but think I want to save that for another meal.  Sweet potato soup with crispy meat bits? 

It's crazy right now, but I'm enjoying fixing stuff more than I am even hungry.  I should sit down and eat a meal, but I'm truly not hungry.

You can try turning them into croquettes with some chopped veggies and/or sweet potato and some egg for binder. The egg will help bump up the amount of protein to make up for any of the leftover bits being too small. I also like the idea of tossing leftover meat into a soup, especially something creamy like NomNomPaleo's curried broccoli soup or the golden cauliflower soup from Well Fed. You can even go nuts and make several different soups and put a different meat into each soup type. I may or may not be a little weird in that I've been known to consume two or more types of soup during the same meal.

Archived