Diarrhea issues

lcs75

Hello,

I am sticking to the plan, but now wonder, if I need to cut out additional food. I had chicken, broccoli, carrot, onion and mushrooms with tahini sauce for dinner tonight and within an hour had gas and then diarrhea.

Can this happen just because my gut is healing or is it something that I ate that started the attack? I do suffer from this, but normally there is a trigger if it happens so quickly.

Please help. Thanks heaps!

• Moderators

I would not assume that you are sensitive to any of the foods you listed based upon your experiences early in a Whole30. You might be, but there are two more likely reasons: One is that you had the bad luck of getting a stomach bug or some contamination that made you sick. The second is that your gut bacteria are acting up as they change in response to your change in diet. Both of these issues are temporary and should either disappear or settle down quickly. 

You can take anti-diarrhea meds during a Whole30 to relieve symptoms. 

Hi!

It is my 12th day of Whole30. I feel all right, but since the day 4th (or so) i have a diarrhea several times a day every day. Because it is so uncomfortable and manytimes painfull i was needed to take some pills against the diarrhea (like activated charcoal) to calm down my gut. It is a big problem for me, because I excersise a lot and this situation don´t let me enjoy my workout like i would love to. Sometimes it cause that i skip the workout because of my gut problems. Every day I´m waiting, that the diarrhea disappear but nothing changes. I am desperate :wacko: 

AT first i thought it causes green olives, because i ate them with almost every meal. SO even if i love them, i stoped eating them. Nothing changes. Then I thought it causes  eggs, they are my everyday 1st meal... sometimes 2nd or 3rd. But i dont want to quit eating them! Or is it raw veggies? 

This is pretty much, what am I eating ... eggs, meat, fish, veggies, fruit, avocado, coconut, cashew, i cook on lard most (but not huge portions of it). 

Please, give me some good advice how to stop the diarrhea without taking any pills. It is my one and only problem. Otherwise i feel full of energy, don´t have cravings as I used to, I feel satisfied with my food finally.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: ...thank you for that!!!

I will be so thankfull for any advice or experiences of you guys!!! Thank you!!!

Sanka ^_^

• Administrators

Some folks report gut disruption (very common) due to nuts. Depending on how many of them you are eating, they can certainly trigger diarrhea and loose stools. I know that I cannot eat nuts because I will have 2-3 episodes of very loose stools and stomach discomfort the day after. Nuts are also a food without brakes for me so I do tend to eat way too many of them which is probably why I get gut issues.

Can you post a few days worth of food including portions so that we can take a look? Sometimes folks tend towards a lot of raw veggies which can be problematic, too much fruit can be an issue or if you are all of a sudden eating a lot of something you didn't before (coconut, for example), it can be a diarrhea trigger.

Let's have a look and see?

May I refer you to my Instagram page? There I have some pics of meals that I ate. Sometimes I have nuts ... and when I eat them I am unstoppable ... especially with cashew sometimes with coconut ... but i don´t think that they cause my problems because I donť eat them on daily basis.

Anyway, take a look and let me know what am I doing wrong, please!
I appreciate it! Thank you! ;)

my IG: http://instagram.com/fitswen

• Administrators

May I refer you to my Instagram page? There I have some pics of meals that I ate. Sometimes I have nuts ... and when I eat them I am unstoppable ... especially with cashew sometimes with coconut ... but i don´t think that they cause my problems because I donť eat them on daily basis.

Anyway, take a look and let me know what am I doing wrong, please!

I appreciate it! Thank you! ;)

my IG: http://instagram.com/fitswen

I see quite a bit of raw veggies (especially cucumber) that can definitely cause digestive distress. Maybe try eating more cooked, less raw. Also, your dinner on Day 6 had corn in it which is not compliant.

Thank you!!! I totally overlooked that corn! :( ... I was like "Ya, it´s veggies, no problem!" ... now I see that it is a mistake :(
Ok, I try to eat more cooked veggies (without corn of course ;) ) ...
Thank you so far! 

Also - you didn't mention this but if you take supplements - like magnesium (like Natural Calm) that can really move things along if you know what I mean.  I take it, and the container says start off with smaller doses then move up, to allow time to get used to it.  If you don't take it, I recommend it for nice sleep :)  Unsweetened of course.  

Archived