Good black coffee?

alysha

Is there such a thing as good black coffee...really?   Coffee was my favorite food group.   I realize I've only loved it for the condiments and tiddly winks I was putting in it.   Without those, it all tastes like road tar.  I don't care how it's pressed...with a steamroller,  a road grader or an asphalt sealer - it's lost that lovin' feelin'.

On my eighth day, and going strong. The only thing I really miss is my morning coffee, which I used to drink with coffee mate and splenda. I'm not too keen on the idea of black coffee, so I haven't had any so far. I do feel better not relying on coffee to wake up in the AM, but some very, very early meetings lately can make mornings brutal, regardless of how much sleep I've gotten. I've heard that drinking "good" coffee makes drinking it black much more pleasant. Anyone have experience with this?

Any suggestions on what "good" coffee I could try?

I like a French Press coffee with freshly ground medium or light roast beans. I put a teaspoon of coconut cream in my coffee.

You mentioned you haven't even tried black coffee, yet. Maybe that should be your first step before venturing into the world of beans and roasters and things to add. If you don't have a coffee maker and don't want to make a pot to try it black, go to a coffee house or a Starbucks and order a cup black. Whatever you do, DON'T do a test with instant. Promise?

Archived