Breakthrough Bleeding normal during whole30?

kjhargrave

I'm 5 days away from finishing my first whole30 (yay!) and at the beginning of the third week I started experiencing breakthrough bleeding.

I'm on birth control pills and my doctor said sometimes that just happens, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? And if it continued or stopped after you finished your whole30? Thanks!

Not only did I have what I thought was breakthrough bleeding a week before my period was due, but I also missed my period entirely. (I'm on BC so this is usually pretty regular) So now I'm thinking I just had a lighter period a week early?

This is my second whole30 and I'm pretty sure something similar happened the first time as well.

Yup, that likely means your period came early.  Your period really has nothing to do with the calendar - it's all about the rise and fall of hormonal signals.  If you have them sooner or later due to dietary influences, it means you'll get your period sooner or later.  From lurking around here long enough, women on BC tend to have their periods arrive earlier.  

• 2 months later...

Rather than start my own post I am wondering what people did about their pills if this happened to you. I'm on my 3rd week of W30 and my period is supposed to start next week, and it started last night. However, I still have an entire week of pills to take. Do you start a new pack? Do you continue taking the pills and just not have a period during the scheduled week?

A bit of a backstory, I switched from an IUD to the ring about a year ago, and then 5-6 months ago switched to the pill because I never got my period back after the IUD and I was freaking out. In the past few months my period has only consisted of maybe 1 day which was so different than my previous experiences, however today seems like the real thing and I'm completely amazed at what my body is all of the sudden deciding to do. I will continue doing some research but I'm not sure what to do about my pill pack...

Thanks for the help!

Only speaking from my experience here, but this happens to me every time I'm on a whole30 (my least favorite side effect--getting two periods). I just continue with my pills as though I haven't had this other period, and my "scheduled" period usually shows up, but is much lighter. Again, only my experience. 

Pennylane, I appreciate your input. I tried to do a little searching online and it seems like that's what I'm going to continue to do as well, it was just unexpected because I'm used to barely having a period in the first place each month. Actually its a bit of a relief bc I kept telling my doctor it was making me nervous and he said, "no one complains about not having their period!"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 2 days away from finishing my first 30 days and am just looking at this forum! I can't believe it took me so long. I experienced this for 2 weeks despite being on birth control and couldn't find anyone who'd had a common experience by just googling the issue. It was definitely discouraging for me and I didn't really feel that "Tiger Blood" feeling until about 2 days ago because I was so tired all the time. Little did I know I just had to come back here to find that I was definitely not alone! Thanks ladies! 

Mine didn't show up at all for the "2nd" period, but I expected that. now that my Whole30 is overwith, I'm sticking to W30 eating but doing a slow introduction so I'm wondering when it will show up this month since I'm staying pretty darn close to a 2nd whole30 this month (in principle at least)

Archived