I don't think i'm getting enough

Hey there,

I'm on day 10. I think I've lost a good bit of weight because i look a lot more gaunt in the face. I was 140 pounds starting this program.

I am trying to fix an undiagnosed gut problem that I've had for 10 months. So i really do not want to lose anymore weight. My thing is i'm not sure how much i am suppose to be eating. I have only brunch and dinner everyday because of my work.

I eat about 12 eggs a week. i usually have 1 steak or chicken breast or a fillet of fish a day with vegetables and sweet potato.

For brunch its usually an omelette or a tuna salad

Snacks may be nuts, fruit, olives. 

I am also eating fermented veggies. I eat coconut milk and drink coconut water...and i'm on a extra strong probiotic.

I'm eating really clean but i think i'm not getting enough protein and fats?

I feel really tired in the morning and have low energy levels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

• Moderators

It's kind of hard to tell exactly how much you're eating based on what you list here, but being tired and low energy levels can definitely be signs you're not eating enough.

You'll get the best results if you figure out a way to eat three meals a day based on the meal template, plus pre- and post-workout meals if applicable.  Each meal should keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours.  

If that's not possible, or if you're working on that but still find yourself hungry between meals, have a mini-meal that includes protein, fat, and vegetables -- like a hard boiled egg or two and some raw carrots, celery, and bell peppers, or leftovers from a previous meal. 

Have at least one serving of starchy vegetable each day, but if you're active, you might need more.

Also, if you want to be sure you don't lose any more weight, you might find this article helpful.

You are for sure not eating enough. I'm a 5'4" female and I eat almost 3 dozen eggs a week. You should be eating at least a palm sized serving of protein 3 times a day. For eggs that is as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping them. Palm sized means 3 dimensions. Because you are on the lower side for weight you probably aim for 6 palm sized portions of protein a day. Right now it looks like you might only be eating 2.

Can you give us more details about your work schedule and why it is keeping you from eating 3 real meals? If you have room for snacks you have room for another meal or perhaps you need to have 2 mini meals instead of a 3rd whole meal.

What is the reason for drinking the coconut water? We really only recommend this for endurance athletes, not for everyday drinking.

Archived