My honest Whole30 success story:)

Katquinn

You started your whole 30 one day after Valentine's Day and finished it one day before St. Paddy's. You are definitely a genius. I bow to you. And I laughed about the emergency at your apartment. Though, technically you did have a physical emergency. Hunger.

Congratulations on your whole 30. :)

Hey there! I never figured the mayo out:( After I made it incorrectly it totally scared me off! There was a different recipe I was going to try, but never got around to it. It was from a guest blogger (@thewholesmiths) on the Whole30 recipes Instagram account, it seemed easier than the original recipe. I found an old screen grab I took of it on my phone when I started, this is it!

1 C. light olive oil or Avocado oil

1 egg at room temperature

1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar

1 tsp compliant dijon mustard

1 pinch of salt

Add all of the ingredients into a mason jar and let sit for 2 minutes (letting all of the ingredients settle to the bottom), insert immersion blender and and use on "high" slowly bringing the immersion blender up and down through the mixture and you will see the mayo emulsify. And that's it!

Let me know how it goes if you try it!

And Tracy, thank you! You absolutely should! I'm not going to lie, it's very challenging, but in my opinion it's worth it. You will be so proud of yourself at the end. :)

I suppose this would give me an excuse to splurge on an immersion blender. Whole30 has also given me the excuse to spend extra money of cool kitchen toys. As soon as I get this together I will be sure to update you!

Also, @ Tracy, Do This. It's changes your perspective and relationship with food. As a serial whole30er I just started my 4th (3rd successful). I come and read blogs like Katie's to help me stay committed and remember that the moments of "rough" are complimented by hours of needed new energy. 

Have a great day. :)

Archived