India and China for 2 weeks- need suggestions

chinook

I plan on starting on April 10th, and will be in India and China for first 2 weeks of May for work.

Have others traveled for work during the Whole 30 and found good solutions?

I will be at the mercy of others for choices of where to eat, but how hard is it to stay with the plan?

Is it rude to ask for special dietary restrictions on a business trip?

Generally in China we eat 'family style' with the hosts ordering all the food for everyone to share.

India is a new addition to my work schedule, not sure how the meals will work out there.

Should I consider putting off my starting date until May 16th when I return?

Or will it be a simple thing to get the foods I can have on these trips?

Thanks!

• Moderators

It is probably impossible for you to remain Whole30 compliant while traveling on business in China and India for two weeks. Don't try. Enjoy the best of local foods prepared in traditional ways and schedule a Whole30 for a time when you have more control over your environment. 

I'm not saying that people in India and China cannot eat Whole30-compliant, but visitors simply can't control their food like a local. 

In addition to what Tom said. I would hate to see you miss an opportunity to try the traditional foods of other cultures. Whole30 is great, but in the big picture, I think your life would be enriched by trying and experiencing these foods vs. closing yourself off from them and stressing about compliance. 

• Administrators

In addition to what Tom said. I would hate to see you miss an opportunity to try the traditional foods of other cultures. Whole30 is great, but in the big picture, I think your life would be enriched by trying and experiencing these foods vs. closing yourself off from them and stressing about compliance. 

^^ THIS!

Archived